Used 1992 Pontiac Firebird Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Pontiac Firebird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:

FABULOUS, FUN & SHARP LOOKING CAR
By Sher

1992 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2dr Hatchback

I bought my first 1992 Firebird in 1994, it was my only vehicle. I always felt so stylish and safe in that car. The way it hugged the road and turned on a dime, the exhaust even made it sound like a muscle car. I was in love! It was a V8, T-tops, teal with white & hot pinks graphics.....Gorgeous! I sold it in 2002 and have regretted it ever since. To my fortune, in luck and money, I found another one with very low miles in fabulous condition inside and out. I will NEVER let this one go! I'm in love once again! Thank You Pontiac!

VERY NICE BIRD!!!
By Alex Piatt

1992 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Convertible

I bought this as a summer/secondary car for the low price of $800. It needed just a few little things, maybe a total of $100 in repairs the previous owner didn't do. It has been the nicest ride i've had in a while! It accelerates quick, and handles with ease! Fun to drive, especially with the top off! I put neon lights and a sound system in it and am always getting looks and compliments on it everywhere I go! The repair bills are NEVER high, and the engine and transmission are still running strong even at the 187,000 mile mark! If you're looking to pick up some summer fun, this car is definitely for you!

Worth Every Penny
By jimmyboy76

1992 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2dr Hatchback

I've owned two '92 Pontiac Firebirds; both with the V8 305ci engine w/auto trans. Both were very cherry. I just sold the second one this year after having it for 9 years. It was teal (only available on the 92's in the 3rd gen), and had 39k when I bought it in 2004. I had shorty headers put on, free flowing exhaust, K&N filter, & a Tornado. It was a "sleeper". This was a well built car, with decent performance, and you could do the majority of your own maintenance. I never had any major issues with the car, and had no issues driving in the snow or rain. It was still a head turner at 20 years old; received plenty of compliments. I highly recommend this car!

Futuristic exterior styling, cockpit interior styling, unlockable engine performance, cornering, engine purr

Get good tires cause they make ALL the difference. I used Yokohama YK-520s. Great for performance and for driving in wet conditions. Easy to improve breathing: -Take off the end of the air nozzle that comes from the air filter cannister and face the arm downward so it can breathe air coming up from the bottom of the engine compartment. -Get a K&N air filter; totally worth the money. -Get a Tornado; also worth the money. -Get a free-flowing cat and muffler.

The Screamin Chicken
By pickle92

1992 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I love this car because i got about a year ago and I only $400 for it and all it needed was spark plugs, because nobody ever changed them and it runs like brand new. I love it I got a whole car for less then $500.

Reliable Fun, and Headturning
By daaxis

1992 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car for $900 roughly a few months after I turned 18, and received my licence. It's a great car, the engine and transmission are responsive. With dual exhaust my car prrrs with out being overly loud. Steering and corning are responsive and great. The stock honeycomb rims are stylish, and have a nice flare with the Firebird symbol in the center cap. My car is a little beat up, and is in rough condition right now, but It turns heads, I get compliments, and it seems like everyone wants to race me.

I love the body style, looks highly aerodynamic and aggressive, with out losing its sporty look.

The dash feels like its a bit tall, there's not much room in the rear seats due to the large rear axle the car has.