Used 1992 Pontiac Firebird Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Pontiac Firebird - Consumer Reviews

1992 Pontiac Firebird

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:

Worth Every Penny
By jimmyboy76

1992 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2dr Hatchback

I've owned two '92 Pontiac Firebirds; both with the V8 305ci engine w/auto trans. Both were very cherry. I just sold the second one this year after having it for 9 years. It was teal (only available on the 92's in the 3rd gen), and had 39k when I bought it in 2004. I had shorty headers put on, free flowing exhaust, K&N filter, & a Tornado. It was a "sleeper". This was a well built car, with decent performance, and you could do the majority of your own maintenance. I never had any major issues with the car, and had no issues driving in the snow or rain. It was still a head turner at 20 years old; received plenty of compliments. I highly recommend this car!

Favorite Features

Futuristic exterior styling, cockpit interior styling, unlockable engine performance, cornering, engine purr

Suggested Improvements

Get good tires cause they make ALL the difference. I used Yokohama YK-520s. Great for performance and for driving in wet conditions. Easy to improve breathing: -Take off the end of the air nozzle that comes from the air filter cannister and face the arm downward so it can breathe air coming up from the bottom of the engine compartment. -Get a K&N air filter; totally worth the money. -Get a Tornado; also worth the money. -Get a free-flowing cat and muffler.

The Screamin Chicken
By pickle92

1992 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I love this car because i got about a year ago and I only $400 for it and all it needed was spark plugs, because nobody ever changed them and it runs like brand new. I love it I got a whole car for less then $500.

Reliable Fun, and Headturning
By daaxis

1992 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car for $900 roughly a few months after I turned 18, and received my licence. It's a great car, the engine and transmission are responsive. With dual exhaust my car prrrs with out being overly loud. Steering and corning are responsive and great. The stock honeycomb rims are stylish, and have a nice flare with the Firebird symbol in the center cap. My car is a little beat up, and is in rough condition right now, but It turns heads, I get compliments, and it seems like everyone wants to race me.

Favorite Features

I love the body style, looks highly aerodynamic and aggressive, with out losing its sporty look.

Suggested Improvements

The dash feels like its a bit tall, there's not much room in the rear seats due to the large rear axle the car has.

TA look alike
By TA

1992 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

When i bought my 1992 firebird about three years ago, i had the idea to swap out the 3.1 l v6 till i learned how well the engine performed in the car. The car is defenitly worth the money. I never had to put a part in it besides tires and it starts no matter where or how cold it is outside. It is the most fun car i have ever driven, nd i have driven everything from corvettes to tuners. And my t-tops never leaked either

Favorite Features

The t-tops, the handling, the comfortable seats, and nicely styled interior and exterior

Suggested Improvements

A little power would never hurt, but it is only a 6 cylinder so it isn't the worst

Like being on a picnic all day
By tj hunter

1992 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2dr Hatchback

This is a fun car! I had some trouble with electrical but the engine just keeps on running. I have 268,000 and it's like the Duracell Bunny. I look to have it for many years.

Favorite Features

T-tops

Suggested Improvements

Electrical system