Best Value/Most Features for Your Money
By occoquan1 on
2004 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)
What sold me on this vehicle was the ride. It has a decent interior, not too cramped, easy to find controls, and an interesting exterior style all it's own. This SUV runs smoothly, and doesn't have a truck feel at all. Very quiet, yet responsive. The list of features on my vehicle, for the price I paid is amazing. Admittedly, I bought a used 2004, but it only had 3110 miles on it. It still smells new. This is a great vehicle and bargains can be had. This has been a much maligned vehicle and does not deserve the bad reputation it has garnered. Take a look, take a test drive, you will be pleasantly surprised. But hurry, rumor has it that the 2005 model year will be its last.
Favorite Features
This vehicle has lots of storage space, in unique configurations. It also has lots of cargo hauling room. The back seats fold, fold-forward entirely, or can be entirely removed. I love the layout of the instrument panel. Very cool. Both Base and Rally editions are chocked full of great features.
Suggested Improvements
This vehicle should have been marketed to a luxury segment as well. On my vehicle, I am going to have some customization done and have a woodgrain dash installed. I additionally believe that converting the tailgate/liftgate rear end to just a liftgate would help this vehicles sales.