Poor Seats and Bad Gas Mileage
By newowner2012 on
2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I bought my 2008 FWD Rogue a week ago. I am so disappointed. I commute 60 miles round trip via Interstate to work, so little of my mileage is in town. I am lucky to get 23 mpg. I don't drive super fast, usually anywhere between 60 and top out at 80 on rare occasions. I see reviews on here of people getting fantastic gas mileage. I don't understand why mine is so poor! Any ideas? My gas costs have gone up $100/month (projected) and I had not planned for that kind of an increase! The seats for me are very uncomfortable. My upper back has no support. The upper part of the seat leans back too far for me and I find myself in pain. Terrible time seeing out the back - dangerous to back up!
Favorite Features
Aesthetics - exterior looks nice. Enjoying being higher up than in a sedan and like I have more storage now.
Suggested Improvements
Poor gas mileage, Poor visibility, uncomfortable seats, few places to place items in car.
By drock31
on 08/25/12 07:25 AM (PDT)

You should get better gas milage, dirty air filter? fuel filter? Mayber there are other factors other than your driving habits that are slightly hindering your fuel economy. A clean air filter and tune up never hurt! As far as the comfort that is a personal preference, and backing up is easier in the Rogue than it was in my Maxima (better turn radius than 04 Maxima and bigger mirrors).