Used 2007 Mazda Mazda3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda Mazda3

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

Good car
By Lisal

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my little car. Great fuel mileage and has never given me a bit of trouble. My only complaint is the suspension package. Sporty handling, but what the dealer fails to tell you is about the tire wear. The Mazda mechanic didn't even know this...The wheels have a negative camber, meaning they tilt inward at the top for better gripping and handling. This also causes uneven tire wear. I was fortunate that my tires lasted 40k miles but the far inside tread was completely bald. I hope I can get than many miles out of this second set. Buyer should be made aware.

Favorite Features

Handling, looks, reliability

Suggested Improvements

Trunk release on key fob. Re-design car for better handling without having negative camber.

Slides around in snow really bad
By Deb

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

If you are considering buying a used '07, this car is great, until there is snow on the road. It isn't anywhere close to being safe in the winter. The tires are too low. I'd have to change the wheels to get an all weather tire on it and with those big brakes, I'm not even sure it could be done. If you live where it doesn't snow, the car is great, buy it. If you live where it snows, don't even consider it. If I didn't also have a 4- wheel drive pick-up to drive, I would have sold this car the first winter I had it.

Favorite Features

The hatchback, it's very handy.

Suggested Improvements

Put on a wheel that will accommodate all season tires.

Mazda 3's Leak oil
By Vic Gallant

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Mines a lemon. It has an oil leak that the dealer can't fix. They've tried to repair it three times already. I've owned the car for less than three months. It's been in the shop 20% of the time. Stay away from this car and if you have one check it for oil leaks.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage is good when not in the shop.

Suggested Improvements

Improve quality.

Mazda 3 Wagon horrible in Snow
By JKromberg

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I replaced my 2001 Celica with a 2007 Mazda 3 wagon. Based on the first snow of the season, the Mazda 3 is the absolute WORST performing car I have ever driven. I got stuck in 2 inches of snow in the dip at the intersection! I can not make it up a mild hill that everyone else was flying up. My old Celica drove like a tank compared to this. I hope the problem is only horrible tires from the factory. If not, anybody want to by a used Mazda 3 Wagon? I should also mention that during the summer, the air condition could not keep up. It was 100 outside and 90 inside. The dealer said it was working fine. The car does have the utility inside that I was looking for in terms of a wagon.

Favorite Features

Utility of a wagon. Good mileage (not to what was promised but it never is),

Suggested Improvements

Decent tires for the climate where it is sold. Better air conditioner. Front seat that folds down forward like the Matrix/Vibe.

2007 Mazda 3
By ship_phi071

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car 6 years ago, car has 50,700 miles on it. Overall it gets me from point A to point B, however I have had to replace brake cable, calipers, rotors and brakes as well as the rear and front supsension. Apparently this is a not uncommon issue with the vehichle. Car warranty should be better as well only 3 years 36K miles

Favorite Features

Good sound system, manual transmission, heated seats for cold winter days

Suggested Improvements

Better warranty offer, use better rotors/brake pads.