2005 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: FUN CAR!!

2005 Mazda 3 - Consumer Review

2005 Mazda 3

FUN CAR!!
By Mike C. on

2005 Mazda 3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought an "i" model for an outside sales job 3 months ago and have over 10k on it already. This car has had no problems at all. Interior, stereo, handling and exterior are all better than I had in my '01 Civic. It really carves up the road if you push it. At many speeds it will not downshift without use of the manumatic and that gets a little frustrating, it has very little torque. Produces a lot of brake dust but only on the rear wheels. I am very disappointed in the gas mileage. 90% of my driving is highway and I get between 28-29 miles per gallon. My Civic alway got over 36. If you want the feel of a Bimmer on the cheap, this is the car for you!

Handling, Handling, Handling! Rich looking interior for an entry level car, cool rims (16" upgrades). Stereo pretty good for Japanese car, telescoping wheel with radio controls standard,

Cheap carpet, I have already worn it down to nothing on the dead pedal, too often refuses to downshift, (I would have bought a stick if the dealer had one). The plastic liner under the engine purposely has a hole in it offset from the oil filter that makes it difficult to change it. Totally unnecessary!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review