Used 2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic - (224 reviews )

Excellent And Bland
By David P

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I agree the ES does not offer GT sedan performance. Kick in another $30K, if that's what you want and get the 430. I do not feel that the power or the transmission cause any safety problems. You can lock in a lower gear ratio, if the situation calls for it and the engine will give you what you need. I don't care about Porche, G35 Coupe, GT Sedan performance any more. That's why I bought the ES. If you don't care to have high performance handling and throttle/transmission response and if you do want a quiet comfortable ride with very nice interior appointments, excellent sound system and plenty of luxury features, this car is a great buy.

Interior appointments and comfort, sound system, surprisingly huge spacious feeling interior, heavy car feel, quiet, gentle ride.

I feel as if I have to reach way back, almost behind me to get into the center console storage and that's somewhat inconvenient.

great car
By Paul K

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This sure is one of the best luxary cars out there in its price catagory, it has very smooth acceleration and the engine roar is also very nice. Got ours fully loaded, really glad we got the navigation. interior is the best part of the car, great lether and wood trims

auto-dimming rear view mirror, engine roar, mark levinson sound system, HID lights

a little bit more hp, tiptronic transmission, mirrors should move down when parrell parking like on the RX.

Watch Out: Poor Transmission
By DSS

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The 5speed automatic suffers from hestitation and lack of smoothness and feel when shifting from 1st to 2nd, and 2-3rd. The hesitation and then surge of power is not only unpleasant, but can be unsafe. Lexus has been aware of this problem on ES300 and ES330 for 3years and has no fix. Warning: check discussion groups online for information before buying!

Needs new transmission. Needs telescoping steering wheel.

Not as good as I thought....
By MYNULEXUS

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I wished I had more time to shop around before buying this car. Like many reviews posted here, I found the transmission sluggish which makes me feel dangerous when merging into traffic. The car gives me the feeling that I might lose control over it when changing lanes on highway with speed between 60-75mph. The performance is not even as good as my previous '96 4Runner.

Quietness of the engine. The interior design. Nice feature such as the rear sun shade, standard CD changer, leather seats. Exterior design and color choices.

Fix the transmission problem. Make the traction control or the VSC system standard. The ML stereo system should also

1st Lexus
By miracle

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have previously owned an Audi, and an Infinity. This is my first Lexus and I am thrilled. The comfort and smooth ride of this car is excellent. Quiet is a main concern of mine and this car is like no other I have owned in that respect. I did notice the shifting hesitation when I was driving slower. I think this does need to be addressed.

Interior design Comfort Quietness