You'll Buy It Because It Looks Cool
By Ballah on
2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
We traded in our Mercedes ML for my wife for the FX and I drive a BMW M Coupe. At first I didn't think it was worth the money considering the rear passenger leg room is sparse, it has the least amount of cargo room in its class, I had to buy a roof rack for our snow boards, its difficult getting our small kids in and out of the rear, and there is A LOT of plastic in the interior. But 15k miles later I love the way it handles (just like a V8), great exhaust note, and superb handling (easy transition to go from my M to this car). As it compares to other SUVs in terms of practicality it isn't a smart choice, but its the best for overall performance and incredible aesthetics.
Favorite Features
Reverse camera. Strong exhaust. Great uphill torque. Great re-sale value. BMW-like handling. Very quick in traffic & nimble in the city. Friendly user-face/ controls. Big brakes. Decent service...
Suggested Improvements
Wish I had gotten the upgraded wheels (for aesthetics & I get a lot of snow caught in the wheel well). The worst is when the car slips... its a horrible clunking sound for the stability control (rear dif) to kick-in. Rear seats are uncomfortable on long trips. Too much plastic!