2005 HUMMER H2 - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (123 reviews )
Truth about Hummer
By Chris Garcia on 12/18/05 21:54 PM (PST)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Awesome truck!!!! Gets lots of attention, you must feel comfortable driving large vehicles to drive this daily. Terrible gas mileage, but the ride and power make up for it.

hummer
By Lisa Klein on 12/18/05 19:57 PM (PST)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We live in Iowa, we've had about 18 inches of snow so far this year and I don't have to worry about getting around, I can drive any where and feel 100% safe. The only regret I have so far is there is no complete third row seat offered. Otherwise am completely happy.

No Title
By Jim on 12/18/05 17:16 PM (PST)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love my H2. I would not buy any other SUV (maybe an H3). It goes anywhere I want to go. And it has power and torque to spare.

H2 - Safety Design
By MACCKS on 12/15/05 13:08 PM (PST)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My husband recently hit a tree and totalled our $71,000 05 H2. How do you total a HUMMER? The H2 front end impact design shifted the "energy" absorbed by the accident under the vehicle instead of into the passenger seating area. Thus, damaging the frame, transfer case, rear end housing, etc. He walked away with only a seatbelt bruise. We are convinced this vehicle saved his life and can't wait to buy another!

DJA
By H2 on 12/01/05 18:13 PM (PST)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the second one we have owned. We have a large piece of property with some horrible roads. My wife loves the vehicle and wouldn't want anything else. It is very durable and I feel safer with her in it. It does get horrible mileage and is as aerodynamic as a box which makes it hard to keep the wind shield clean. Other than the mileage, we are thrilled with the vehicle and the way it handles.

Humming along
By mjleblanc on 11/08/05 15:45 PM (PST)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Perhaps the best SUV I have ever owned, can really go just about anywhere. Maintenance and repairs are costly, given the thievery rampant in the dealer/manufacturer scheme of hourly bilking. Gas mileage is the same as my Suburban. Love the car!

Gotta have one
By CPO TOYS on 11/07/05 08:11 AM (PST)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

What an awesome vehicle. This is my 2nd H2. The power is great, the ride is comfortable even on the long drives. The only item I wish the 2005 model would come with is adjustable pedals. You can buy after market exhaust, airfilter and a chip to boost the HP, but hold on to your hat, it will move. People who complain about gas mileage, shouldn't own one then. I average 11-12 per gallon.

Best SUV Ever - Can't ask for much more!
By Dayna on 11/05/05 23:50 PM (PST)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My husband and I bought this car a year ago right before we found out I was pregnant. This car is great for hauling a child around, plenty of room for a stroller, the DVD's that the H2 has as an upgrade is going to come in handing in a couple months and it feels safe when you drive. I have no complaints. Great family automobile.

Big Safe Children Transporter
By hummermom on 10/04/05 18:35 PM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have 4 sons (6,10,12,14), Needless to say we carry lots of STUFF .... baseball, band equipment and lots of friends. The gas mileage leaves something to be desired but for the type of driving I do (short trips) It's really not that painful. I fill up about every two weeks. I love my H2 and it makes me feel very safe carrying my precious cargo!

Great Car and Fun = HUMMER
By Samuel on 09/03/05 15:09 PM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought this car a few months ago, and believe me it is for real like nothing else. It is a car that it will take you anywhere, from a dinner in a fine restaurant to the mountains. The perfect partner for any adventure.