Just Purchased
By sparty98_gw on
2005 Ford Freestyle SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)
Put this car on your list of cars to test drive. Several reviews complain about the CVT "feel" and power. Being from the automotive industy and an enthusiast I can tell the difference, but the execution is much better than other manufacurures CVT's I drove 3 years ago. My wife did not know it was a CVT until I told her. The average driver will not know unless they really push the car to accelerate hard and then they might notice the engine noise a bit. The interior space and layout are top notch. The handling dynamics are excellent for a car like this and the break feel is especially good. Goodby SUVs, hello MPG.
Favorite Features
1) Great uttilization of space 2) Handling/breaking is great (haven't gone over 8/10ths yet) 3) FWD SE model is all most people will need. You don't get anything by upgrading to the SEL for $1,500. Ecxept you can order a few items not available on the SE... woopie.. not. 4) 25k gets you a lot.
Suggested Improvements
Plastic inserts look cheap. How much does it cost to have some decent stippling on the plastic? I think they are still using prototype tooling. Loose the fake carbon fiber. It is on every Ford we looked at, as well as my Mazda 6. It will loose its cache quickly and it is hideous in some light