2011 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Seriously?? A Focus?
By stevekc on 10/04/13 02:24 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for about 5 months now. I really did not want to post a review so soon but I also did not want to wait until the car was completely irrelevant....At first my mind was so set on this Volvo S80 that I did not even want to test drive a Focus, they always seemed like a "starter" car that was short on features, esp to someone accustomed to BMWs & Lincolns. But I am an open minded car guy and the Volvo turned out to be a real POS. If nothing else I just wanted to scratch the Focus off the list. I liked it but wasn't sold until I drove a couple of other cars including a Fusion and a Mercury Milan, which was super nice but the trans had a hard clunk when downshifting from 2 to 1

Excellent economical car!
By parshman on 09/26/12 07:47 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The Focus is great for families like ours with one child, needing great gas mileage and comfort commuting and traveling. The Focus SE has all the bells and whistles and more, at a very competitive price. I still can't see paying over $20k for a compact car, and this one is well under that. We got a 2011 with 23,000 on it, and because it was certified we got 1.9% financing as well. That, in my opinion, was an excllent value. The car is tight, plenty of headroom, a vacuous truck, comfortable back seat and all the creature comforts we have come to expect. I also got cruise control, Sync, etc. The appearance is very good - This is a good choice for comfort, value, and economy.

My honest opinion- Excellent car
By lydiasdad on 05/18/12 10:01 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We own a 2011 Focus stick shift that we bought in Jan 2011. We have over 24,000 miles on it. This is our first Ford. We've owned Toyotas, Hyundais, Kias, Chevys and Saturns. This is probably my favorite so far. I really went to the dealership to look at a Fusion midsize sedan but was shocked at the cost. So we looked at the Focus.It was a little too small for my taste, but I wanted a new car so we reluctantly bought it, for a steal. It was brand new but almost 4,000 off because they wanted the old model out for the redesignes 2012s. Well, after a year and a half, I have to say I love this car and I'm glad we got it.

Objective Review
By godspeople on 11/22/11 18:17 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Car is great on gas and fill up is the lowest among similar size models. Bought the SE Automatic as a Demo at the dealer The brakes sorta grind when it is pressed and the stopping distance is too long for my comfort. The seats are upright with little or no thigh support. However, you do not fee cramped in the cabin. There is an abundance of room. IT takes longer than usual to heat up in the cabin in the winter. Will report on the AC when it is summer. Bump absorption is decent. It is an econo car so do not expect great acceleration. It is ample at best. The Sync system works satisfactory, no complaints so far. For the price, overall it is a solid car. I will run regular updates as the Ks go

Not so happy!
By dhawley on 10/10/11 17:51 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this 2011 Ford Focus in March 2011 and have had three times already that it has been back to the Dealer for repairs. Once it died and left me stranded on the highway and the dealer couldn't figure out why. Another time it had a rattle and the dealer said it was because a part was left off at the factory. Now the passenger door wont open from inside or out and I have to take it to the dealer again. With all of the hype about how great a car this is supposed to be, I am really disappointed.

Very Satisfied
By lauriebe on 06/10/11 20:55 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for 6 months, and I'm very impressed. It has everything one needs as far as I'm concerned. I have an automatic, a/c, a cd player, clock, arm rest, cup holders, I can look up my miles per gallon, trip miles, the trunk is a good size considering the size of the car itself, the gas mileage is good, and not that it matters, but I absolutely love the color of my car as well (they have nice options). My favorite feature of the car, is that I feel I'm driving a more expensive vehicle, with the way it drives and handles.. very tight. It really is a fun car to drive. It has smooth driving, and great pick up, and.. it's American made, it's a good value, especially in this economy

Great Car
By bru2011 on 06/01/11 12:26 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my '11 focus in March with a whooping 12 miles on it. I use it as a work car to deliver local newspapers 7 days a week. I am extremely impressed with the gas mileage given the stop and go nature of my driving requirements. I stop at 400 houses everyday and my focus still averages 28-31 mpg. When i get it out on the highway it stays around 36-38. I have put 12500 miles on it in just over 3 months and have absolutely nothing bad to say about it. If ford's cars can take a beating like this I can't wait to see how much their trucks can take!

I LOVE this car!
By juschia on 03/23/11 12:34 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first car I bought on my own. I'm 21. My dad of course came with me who has plenty of knowledge with this stuff. I wanted something affordable, good and gas, and of course, cute. This car has it all. The car is absolutely perfect. Everytime I get in it I am glad I chose a ford. Both my parents drive Fords and I love their vehicles as well. Ford has done a great job with themselves.

What a Great Car
By hanksranger on 02/22/11 19:37 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car since December 2010, First off I never saw myself buying a car, as I have always driven and liked trucks more; but I needed something good on gas as I have put 5000 miles on it since I bought it. I have not had a single mechanical issue with it. It handles great, looks good and fit my budget perfectly (the extra features I did not plan on getting where a huge plus). Ford has done really well with their quality the past few years as I have noticed. This thing is built very well and the interior is very well put together, with quality material. I cant stress enough how happy I have been with it. Only thing I could say is its not that comfy on long trips.

pretty great car --silver focus se
By ewhit2001 on 02/04/11 17:31 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i drove a honda when i first got my license and since have drove trucks and suvs. i was skeptical at getting another car, worried that it would be too small. i think it's a little small in the backseat but i dont ride in the backseat! the gas mileage was the selling point. great for my 30 miles a day commute. the trunk is huge. i think they could have made the trunk smaller and used it for the backseat. other than that i really like this car. not a lot of engine power but once again, i'm use to bigger engines. overall, i am very pleased with my choice of getting the focus.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Focus in VA is:

$123 per month*