2007 Dodge Nitro SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:
The Best Car I ever have (CRD version 4x4 SXT euro)
By geetee2 on 02/28/11 02:28 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I do not know why US people hate this vehicle so much. I have it for 2 years now - the UK/Euro version with 2.8crd VM diesel and it is just great! It is the sort of vehicle I was looking for years - 4WD, station, spacefull, strong but economic engine and looks great. I do bit of DH so I use to take loads of stuff with me when heading to the Alps. All my previous vehicles - scrappy jap MPV's were struggling with the load, sitting low, going slow(especially uphill) and the fuell consumption extremely high. Never have any mech problems, not even with the interior. yes, the quality of plastic is not great but this is workhorse not range rover, ok? problem with roofrails sorted by recall free

This is why Chrysler went bankrupt.
By ihatemynitro on 02/08/11 07:34 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I'll never buy another Dodge. It's too bad because they look pretty cool. This one did. But what a shoddy piece of crap it has turned out to be. The roofrack is peeling from the roof, the breaklights work sporadically, the brake rotors are bad, the a/c evaporator coil is dead and I'm told will take at least $1500 to fix. Let's see, what else? Oh yeah, the front passenger window finally gave up and won't roll down (at least it's stuck up and not down). The window buttons on the driver's door only work to roll down the rear windows but they can only be rolled up from their respective door buttons. And the buttons come right off. The seats are cheap and the stitching is coming loose.

Do not buy this car
By jander19 on 12/19/10 18:24 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I do love the way this car looks and the pick up the car has. However that is not enough to make up for the stupid little things that have broken on my car. My gas tank needs to be completely replaced now and it will cost me about nine hundred dollars by the end at the low end cost range!! This car is definetely not worth buying and in fact I will never buy a dodge car again b/c of all the issues I have had from this car. Please consider your options before buying this car. Do not get sucked into how the car looks b/c the quality is just not there.

2007 Dodge Nitro ALASKA
By Anonymous on 12/07/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I haven't had any problems until just last week when I couldnít start my car! Living in Alaska people are going to assume itís the cold, its not. The WCM is broken? That is what controls the security system and starting the car all the wires ext, thought it was the Viper auto start that was installed, after disconnecting that the car still wouldnít start. Iíve read many reviews on people having to replace this and was told through Chrysler that usually you only have to replace it once This is a great car when itís actually drivable, This is a great vehicle for families with kids.

Absolute Junk
By Josh on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Hmm where do I begin? Roof Racks were ripped from the sheet metal in the car wash. Stereo has completely failed. Passenger Window has stopped working. Gets about 10-15 mpg even on the highway. 4x4 works occasionally in the winter time. Interior is cheap and uncomfortable.

Avoid this dog
By Needanothercar on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Multiple electrical failures, intermittent service interruption of the satellite radio, trim and fascia falling off, fit and finish not up to snuff. It's the same old Dodge turd, re-badged and slapped with a fresh coat of paint. They've learned nothing since the 70s. I'm going to willingly take a $3,000 hit to get out of this thing. Avoid it at all costs.

07 Dodge Nitro
By Ryan on 09/06/10 14:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I got mine in December 2007, and just the other day, it started swaying back and forth on the highway. a few yeas ago, it used to shut off while driving. but other than that, this SUV is fun, fast, modern, and strong off road. It's great for a family, and or a single person. Just don't get the one with plastic finders, and bumper, because they come off easy.

60,000 miles and no problems
By Jason on 08/31/10 23:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Nitro. I originally went to buy a Caliber but was talked into test driving the Nitro and bought it that day. Aside from the recalls I have had no major issues. The only minor issues have been that it will sometimes stall when backing up in a tight radius (backing into garage in alley). Only happens once a month though. Overall I'm very happy with it.

Not Happy
By lisa on 08/26/10 07:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

To start we love the style and the amount of room inside the nitro. Bought it because our daughter is 6'1" and had to fit in the back seat. This where the love ends we have had so many issues with this SUV . We bought new hoping not to have repair bills. Not the case. Lots of broken non-functioning parts the latest the two front door handles broke within a week of each other now we have to open the windows to get out. SAFETY HAZARD YES. Very disappointed in this vehicle we will never buy Dodge again there has been no help from the dealership they always brush things off until the warranty is over. No more Dodges for us..

Great Car
By Roger Perry on 08/13/10 11:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

As I write this, I've only had this car 1 day, but I really like it, and I think as time goes on, I'll will enjoy it even more.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.