Used 2007 Dodge Nitro SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

Great buy, looks great
By nitroftw

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I fell in love with the dodge nitro the second I test drove it. I have since had zero problems for three years, aside from basic maintenance for brake pads and such. Great MPG for the price of the car and the quality of the construction of the vehicle. Feels very sturdy and it is. I think that this is the one car that I actually like from Dodge.

Grille, mirrors, aux input, stock sound system sounds great,

nothing

What a junk but nice body style
By manny2126

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Paint already discoloring on the fender, no way of checking the trans oil, wheel hubs needs to be replaced makes noise, a/c compresor gone needs to be changed, brakes done twice and 2 rotors replaced, wiper motor recalled and replaced, blower motor replaces twice, front seat plastic cover broken off just from exiting, 2 tire gage replaced without the 75.00 computer stem.

Body style

no need to have computer tire gage that is truely a waste of consumer money to replace if anything dont make the stem plastic cuz the simpless touch they crack and for replacement at 75.00 can add up

Over 5 year relationship with Dodge service....
By llopez16

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

When I first purchased this vehicle there were a few hiccups & Dodge service did a decent job of taking care of them. But as time has progressed the way things have been handled has gotten worse & worse. I have the lifetime power train & lifetime electrical warranties & now that dodge needs to make good on some things it's taking an insane amount of time for them to get the work complete. As of tomorrow they will have had my vehicle 3 1/2 weeks for a clutch & transmission issue. These issues are all over the internet & it still took them a really long time to diagnose & now even though there have been issues all along they are still charging me for the clutch.

I love the space and the way the interior is situated. Everything is easily within reach. The flip down seats allow for lots of space to haul things. The body is very stylish and I still get tons of people asking about the vehicle.

Better quality parts. Better follow up with customers, when you say you will update someone, do it and don't make them have to drag information out of you to find out what it going on. If it's going to be a week to get parts say it, not I'll let you know....being vague is only frustrating. Also back your product up, if you use subpar parts admit it and fix it dont' try and tell someone that it's normal wear and tear and charge them an arm & a leg for the repair it is ridiculous.

Beware of braking system
By dennythemac

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had problems with the brakes hanging up while driving. On the way back from a 130 mile trip the right rear wheel well started spewing smoke. After pulling over I discovered the actual side wall of the tire was extremely hot and the rim was blistering hot. The cause was blamed on the parking brake which was disabled at the time. Prior to getting the Nitro into Chrysler Service the same thing happened to the driver side rear wheel. The repairs ran over $600.00. The millage was 17,700 and Chrysler told Me the brakes were not covered by warranty or recall and went on too explain that brakes wear is through normal use. They refused to take into consideration the danger posed through fire

Style, handling and price

Fix the potential fire risk posed through faulty brakes. This is a dangerous situation.

Warning please dont buy !!!!
By kim14kraz

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Within the first few months of me purchasing this it had problems With the sunroof. Then it about 3 different parts recalled. My door handle broke on both sides. My locks stopped working. As time goes on my truck is literally falling apart. I poured so much money into this thing as if it was a used suv. I would never but doge, jeep, or Chrysler ever again.