2002 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
Nice Compact Car
By Old Grandpa on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very impressive as far as horsepower. It is a bit sluggish with the A/C running, but that's the norm of most cars. The 5 speed gearbox tends to need a bit of help. (sloppy between gears and hard to get into reverse) The susspension is awsome in the car, no leaning in the corners,(60mph on a 25mph corner)and the car does not slide either. Manual rear windows with power front windows seems a bit odd though. Otherwise I feel that it's a great little car.

great car
By wlm888 on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great car for the price. very roomy inside for a small car. great fuel econemy.

2002 dodge neon se
By dappledachsie on 08/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 02 neon se last feb.2002. the car has been in the shop many times for the idle and poor gas mileage and also for stalling out while driving and when you come to a complete stop. the dealer claims there's nothing wrong. i'd like to know if anyone else has any of these problems. please let me know. what can i do to correct this problem? thanks for your time!

Good Car for the Dough
By Stain on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

For the price it doesn't get much better. Comes with a very high top speed for smaller car. Very fun to drive. Only complaint is thins are starting to raddle at 13000 miles.

neon
By kyleowen on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Absolutley no problems. Exterior styling is ok, interior could use a little work (i.e. too many hard plastics). Power is above average for this class; decent highway passing. 5 speed manual gear box linkage is abysmal, however.

Neon brakes are terrible
By MacDaddy on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Wife's car. Decent car in all aspects except brakes. Loudest I have ever heard. You have to wear earplugs when driving it, expecially in the rain. Dodge has said this is normal and nothing can be done about the brake noise. I can't believe that. I'm not very happy w/ the sales department that sold me the car. They should have pointed that out in the first place. The Dodge service department was no help either. Bottom line for us is, no more Dodge products. Sad to say since I love the new Rams, but I won't go through this again. If anyone has any suggestions or has dealt w/ this problem, please offer me some advice. Thanks!!

Nice
By Venom2I on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

No problems in 16k miles and I drive hard.

Don't get suckered
By N. Eon Hatreed on 07/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

-car is ~1yr old and has an avg. trade in $ of $5500.00 NOT GOOD($18K new!!! -poor CD player location -car has no power, expected -uses too much gas -lack luster styling

gas
By onetrueme on 06/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i have a 2002 SE neon and i love the car. i only have a problem with the amount of gas the car uses. it seem like every 3 days i have to but gas in my car.

Best money I've ever spent (on a car)!
By BrightApollo on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan ACR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned lots of other cars, and the most fun I'd had was with the '79 Starfire and '95 Neon, because they were awesome on gas and could put (a little) power to the ground and corner extremely well. The 2002 Neon ACR is the pinnacle of cheap fun. It has 75hp/ liter so you're not shortchanged on power, but it has adjustable suspension so I can set this car up for autocrossing in an hour. People who look at it and think "rental car" usually only get to see my taillights the rest of the way. And I scored it for $11,5k certified used with 1300 miles on it. It pays to shop!