Used 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8

SRT-8 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic - (21 reviews )

It's a wagon!
By william van dusen

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

My car 06 magnum srt-8 drives perfect for road racing, acceleration stopping night driving, looks (without a doubt) when backing just force yourself to turn your old tired body around an take a good look, blind spot is there in the back. Only thing I can see is when trying to drive down long straight roads the long wheelbase and ten inch tread in the front goes away from straight much easier than smaller tread tires but it corners unbelievable for a 4,300 lb. wagon with a long wheelbase, I'll take the cornering ability anytime. Ownership of my car has been a long time coming (since 1962) I've always coveted the big cubic inch Dodges and Plymouths, HA thought it was crippling at 4,600.00,

Favorite Features

Top of the line many many features unheard of in the 60's. and at 372.2 cubic inches---hold on to your HAT! Corvette guys hate this but it's a wagon and corners (like) a vette. Kudos and smiles on my face as far as the features go, not a complaint about anything since I put bcs pads on the calipers

Suggested Improvements

Spend more money and get the dust off of our wheels like I did (aftermarket)

SRTGreat
By trotime

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I tracked the SRT8 Magnum since it was first shown and then in to production. Since my wife has a R/T Magnum, when I could get an SRT8 there was no hesitation. It is quick, I have out performed many much higher priced cars, walked away from a M5, X5 and other hi pro cars. The car is a natural street "looker" and is well liked by "car people". The Red Pearl color is perfect and reinforces the design and general performance stance. I think Dodge has a winner here and every day I drive it I like it more. No matter what my mood, it gets better when I fire up the 6.1 Hemi. The only thing I would change is to make the exhaust "growl" more at idle and normal low end driving.

Favorite Features

Power, looks, seats, color and, in general, the "bad boy" street look. All the rest is icing on the cake, its a winner.

Suggested Improvements

More growl to the exhaust when not in full power. Hood scoop like the Charger as long as it is functional.

Needs Subtle Changes
By Jim Farmer

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

The SRT8 Magnum is a thrill to drive and brings back muscle car excitment! As your heartbeat increases and your palms get moist, you accelerate from a complete stop, the G-forces press you into the seat and you smile as the speedometer eclipses the century mark in under 13 seconds. The highly bolstered seat holds you comfortably in place as you execute corners like you're glued to the road. This automobile is also practical because you can take along three passengers and their luggage with ease. I would recommend you at least test drive a SRT8 vehicle before you buy anything else!

Favorite Features

Most notable features power, handling, and stopping capabilities. The interior is functional and well laid out. The seats are comfortable and meet the need when negotiating corners or running the quarter mile. The auto- manual transmission is a necessary additive to the overall fun when in a SRT8.

Suggested Improvements

Better brakes! Improved pad materials and larger crossed drilled rotors. A sixth gear would be a nice addition and improve drivability. Increase the size of the gas tank from 17 gallons to 25 gallons.

Family mans sprts car
By lovemesomesrt8

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

When you need a car that can haul and haul your stuff this is it. A true sleeper. I stepped up from a SRT4 and never looked back. If only it had the 300C interior and a bigger rumble out the exhaust. You have to go with black as your color choice. It looks so mean in black. Uses a lot of gas but what 6.1L station wagon doesn't? Ride is smooth and seats are great for long trips. Easy to drive with a great turn radius. U-turns are a breeze. Stops on a dime and handles better than most cars on the road. If you can afford a SRT8 go for it.

Favorite Features

Engine, wheels, SRT option one, seats

Suggested Improvements

Spruce up the dash, less brake dust

Brenda's
By srt8*

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I love my SRT8 and am still amazed at its driving capabilies and stopping power. This car is a must for a hot rod momma!

Favorite Features

Interior is great! One of the best out there

Suggested Improvements

Dodge and their flimsy design on their bumpers and under carriage. (front)