2005 Dodge Magnum Consumer Review: Me and my Magnum

2005 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Review

RT Wagon (5.7L V8 5-speed Automatic)

Me and my Magnum
By jwdugar on

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

It was love at 1st sight. If a station wagon & the bat mobile had a child it would be the Dodge Magnum. Here I am 6 years & 100k miles later and all I love is marred because the car is made w/rubber and plastic screws. I never neglected maintenance and upkeep. Now the dash vents have come "unattached" to the dash, the toggle for the navigation controls has untoggled and to fix it I have to replace the entire radio system. The front carpet detaches, the rear vent blows sometimes, the undercarriage screws, being plastic have worn out and the under carriage "plate," also made of plastic has split at the screw holes and has to be replaced. Not a good long term vehicle.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable ride, great pick up and speed, wonderful cargo and storage space. Very quiet.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the plastic, all of it. Full size spare! Rear window could be let down. Add more rear air vents with independent controls. Add backup and park assist. Did I mention get rid of all the plastic. Build the car as if your mother was buying it and only bought a new car every 10 years. Build it as if resale value mattered to the dealer as well as the buyer. Build it as if you wanted consumers to know that buying American made cars was a good idea.