2006 Dodge Dakota Consumer Review: Loved my 2006 Dakota

2006 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Review

SLT Quad Cab (3.7L V6 6-speed Manual 5.4 ft. Bed)

Loved my 2006 Dakota
By Dakota Lover on

2006 Dodge Dakota SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I recently lost my 2006 Dodge Dakota 8- cylinder quad cab 2WD due to a weather related accident. But in the 3 1/2 years I owned my Dakota, I absolutely loved driving it every time I got behind the wheel; and had zero problems with it in the time I owned it. As I was so completely satisfied with my 2006 Dakota in the time I owned it, I wanted to post a post-ownership review for the benefit of those who are considering purchasing one. The only bit of advice I would have is to opt for the 4-wheel drive version, though, since the 2-wheel drive version is real-wheel drive.

Huge center console; huge front cup holder; extremely powerful stereo with amplifier; extremely comfortable ride.

At some point it would be nice if the American truck manufacturers picked up on the Honda Ridgeline's innovations and began including a lockable trunk in the pickup bed and a dual-opening tailgate.