1999 Dodge Dakota Consumer Review: Love my '99 Dakota

1999 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Review

Love my '99 Dakota
By DakotaLover on

1999 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck used recently, with about 109K on the odometer. The truck had been well cared-for, with a clean interior and immaculate exterior. With high mileage on the odometer, my plan was to replace most front-end parts as wear would be typical, and I did so. I now have very tight steering. I've serviced all filters, and flushed/replaced all lubricants in the A/T and transfer case, even the power steering system. My hope is to get at least another 100K out of her before considering another vehicle. This one was just too clean to pass up, out on the lot!

The styling and quality are what got my attention at first. The cab is roomy and comfortable. There's nothing that I don't like about this truck, except for it's a real gas-guzzler! I get about 14mpg around town and 19mpg on the highway. Wish it was better!

The only improvement I can think of is to use a better plenum gasket on the engine; it currently has the paper one on it, which is now leaking and causing pinging and excessive oil consumption. Dodge knows about this and has a TSB out on it, but the repair cost will be expensive! Not fair!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review