1999 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
A great truck
By scott251 on 10/14/12 12:20 PM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab R/T Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

I had a solar yellow r/t and it was a great truck. That thing had tons of power and was pretty fast. I never had any issues with it. I drove great, was comfortable, parts were cheap, looked great, an all around good truck. It had 142,000 miles on it when I sold it. I sold it due to the gas mileage and gas prices but I miss that truck everyday and plan on getting another soon.

Dakota R/T
By harold powell on 02/02/05 17:17 PM (PST)

1999 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab R/T Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

Very nice vehicle. I had a Chevrolet S10 prior to this vehicle and the Dodge beats it in every catogory. The big V8 make the truck a real sleeper and will out run most of the foreign junk. As long as there are American vehicles like this, I will never go foreign.

Don't Drive it in the Rain!!
By 6290 on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab R/T Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

As I titled it, no traction in the rain. As I approach 25K miles with the original Goodyear tires, what will help my traction in wet weather? Probably nothing. Even with weight in the back, still cuts loose with light pedal. Zero problems except the catalytic converter quit 2K ago. Replaced for free and a cheap glove compartment latch that broke the first week I had it.