2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Work Truck Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

Sort Reviews by

My 4th HD GM Truck
By nitro276

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

My toughest decision was the 6.0 Vortec or the 6.6 Duramax. This was really tough for me. I went with the 6.0 because all the emissions junk on the 6.6 today robs it of fuel economy terribly on top of the $7500 upcharge. This is one tough truck, the toughest vs. the 98, 02, and 06 I previously owned. I don't think there is a task I can throw at this truck that it cannot handle. This is my family's SUV. It carries me, my wife, our two kids, and our German Shepherd comfortably anywhere we want to go. More truck than I really need, but my 06 Sierra 2500HD saved my life when I was hit by a drunk driver.

Favorite Features

I like the factory bluetooth and the usb port on the stereo. I have almost my entire cd library on a thumb drive that plugs and plays. I also like having multiple locking storage compartments. I also enjoy the factory ride height. With the redesinged, stronger frame for 2011, this truck sits as high as Ford and Dodge HDs.

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice if there was some way to jack the fuel economy on this truck. At best, I get 12 city and 16 highway. As far as I am considered, this the ONLY flaw in the truck.

Overall a good truck
By chris303

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this truck new, and overall am impressed with the power and capability. Not impressive is the horrible gas mileage and ride quality. Also, Chevrolet did nothing to improve the turning radius: this rig turns just a poorly as my 2003 1 ton. The cab is very luxurious and love the Tahoe dash. It would be nice if they would make Onstar a no cost option; I didn't want it. Unfortunately, my next truck will be a Ford.

Favorite Features

Interior and awesome power.

Suggested Improvements

Lumber wagon ride, turning radius and gas mileage.

Off to a good start
By john

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

i purchased the duramax/allison option due to the fact that i own an 11,000 camper. Ford and Dodge were on my list but the duramax reputation led me to this purchase. The build quality seems excellent and you can hardly hear the engine. The interior though somewhat dated is still a nice place to be, though interior storage space is lacking. Overall I feel that this purchase is going to provide many years of quality service for myself and my family. Base stereo, though nice, seems a little weak, I am getting vibrations in the plastic cover over the rear speaker

Favorite Features

Duramax Diesel, XM and onstar seem like great options. Strong styling especially the front end.

Suggested Improvements

Ho Hum interior. Rear seats dont fold flat. Lack of telescoping steering wheel. No power trailer mirrors like Ford offers

Chevy 2500HD Great Truck
By Ed

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I just purchased a 2011 Chevrolet 2500HD LTZ. I have only had the truck for 3 days but it has been a pleasure to drive and I love all the gadgets. Remote start, satellite radio, bluetooth phone, onstar, etc. The seating is very comfortable and the build quality is exceptional so far. I would recommend this truck to anyone that enjoys driving, needs a work truck. My main reason for buying this truck was the Heavy Duty part of the truck, 4WD and the great interior. The Bose Stereo system has incredible sound.

Favorite Features

Onstar, XM Radio, Bluetooth Phone, Bose Stereo, Backup Camera for trailering.

Suggested Improvements

Larger buttons for A/C and radios. Some of the buttons are so small. A hard drive system would be great to record music from xm radio and to load music. Would recommend USB port.