2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Consumer Review: One problem, but overall Excel

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD - Consumer Review

One problem, but overall Excellent
By MJP on

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I got my truck on Dec 2002. It has had only one problem, which the dealer said they've had problems before. The speed sensor went out and gave me a "Service 4x4" note on the odometer. For the most part I've used it for city driving, but I like to snow ski. On the ice and snow the auto 4x4 handles excellent. I've gone in 2 feet of snow and 2 feet of mud. I must say, shifting it to 4x4 LO makes the truck jump out of either mud or snow. Towing, I've not done much, but the main reason I got a 1500HD is to tow a possible boat in the future.

4x4, I like the way you can shift between modes. Handling, well it handles extremely well. I've done from city to 2 feet of mud and I am impressed. I'm sure it can handle more, but haven't found a deep enough trech around where I live. XM, need I say more. MUSIC!

I know it is designed for HD towing and loads, but the shifting at times makes the truck a bit lazy. Especially on the freeway. I'm sure there is a way to check if you are towing or not and make it shift better.