2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500HD model:
chevy does it again
By cadietz on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My last chevy gave me 340,000 miles of service b efore I decided to trade up. I am convinced that m y new truck will be every bit as reliable and give m e many years of service. I have had zero issues t o have serviced in my first 35,000 miles. My o nly complaint is the fuel mileage. I average a bout 14 miles per gallon. This is a very large t ruck - crew cab - 4wd - so perhaps I am being t oo picky. I think if I had to do it over again, I w ould get the deisel simply because of the gain in m ileage.

crew cab
By bill shipley on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

style and comfort above average. quiet ride and super sound system. trailer package is perfect, easy access to plug for lights.

2003 1500HD
By rackmaster287 on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Rides smoother than my '01 2500HD and so far no engine knock or mysterious wide open throttle occurances. Better creature comforts.

this is a sweet machine
By Josh Houska on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle to drive to church andtoeat also is a work horse this beast never stops pulling it's the best out there I out pulled the new ford f-150 and the dodge hemi it was fun. it;s fun to work in the fields with it;s comfortible suspension settings and it gives you the accelaration when you need it

awesome
By ponybullitt on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

best of the best

Love My 4x4
By TeresaL99 on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Easy to drive and fast on the throttle. Love the style and luxury of my 1500HD...not to mention the pulling power. More room in this quad cab than any other truck out there. Absolutely love it. Great Truck

Poor Gas Mi
By No More Chev on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

This will be my last 1500 HD

Like the QUARDASTEER
By FRANKIE of Orange Co on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I took the delivery of a 2003 1500HD 4x4 crew cab with Quadrasteer on July 27, 2003. In that time I have put more than 3500 miles on the truck. My previous truck was a 1-ton crew cab long bed 4x4 but this one drives circles around the old. At 300 hp and only weighting 4600 lb it out performs my old truck in all areas. The Dana rear end is great. Rides a little rough on some of the L.A. and Orange County freeways but it is a truck.

chery silverado 1500hd
By Lisa Lau on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bumpy ride whith empty load.

One Handling Chevy Truck
By napadave on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The Quadrasteer ROCKS. This is my 8th Chev 4X4. Although the IFS is not the off roader that the pre 88's were, this is an awesome truck. The power is awesome, but the mileage is poor around town. I have a 8 1/2' camper made for the short box with a full queen over cab and a 18' boat and it handles them like a dream. With the load it does not affect the mileage much. The Quadrasteer is great with or without a load. I like it so much i don't even drive in 2 wheel steer.