Problems have been DIY easy
By Jeff on
2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
Coming from owning a Wrangler, I wanted something fun, more comfortable, but still able to be modified to be unique. Other than those that leave theirs stock, the same year/color/body Avalanche can look completely different, which is fun. I didn't buy it because I thought I was going to get good gas mileage, so no complaints there, and the savings in insurance from all the airbags and such has offset that quite a bit. This is my 15th car in the 18 years that I have been driving, and other than my 1st car (69 Ford Mustang Fastback), it has been my favorite. I will drive it till the wheels fall off...then buy another one.
Favorite Features
You know my favorite feature, having someone that owns a BMW or Mercedes or Jag/SAAB, Infinity, drive with me for a bit. They realize they dropped twice the money, when they could've not only had a 4 door car, but the occasional truck bed. I have converted 3 friends, all with more money than me.
Suggested Improvements
The rear visibility is poor. In smaller spots, it's easier to back in, but with the mirrors (that change in reverse automatically) and all that, it's still hard to see where the back of the truck is due to the rake. But hey, it's a truck, get over it.