Used 2013 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Love it!
By docjay123

2013 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought an Audi A4 2.0T a month ago and have loved the short time I've owned this car. I switched from a BMW 325. My wife has previously had an Audi Q7 and currently drives the Infiniti QX56. I think this car has the best styling both inside and out compared to any car in its class. It is fun to drive and nimble although I must admit that my 3 series gets a little bit of an edge in the driving department (that's what bimmers are known for). But overall, in my opinion, the audi a4 is a more complete car than the 3 series if you take everything into account. I have 1500 miles on the car and am averaging between 29 and 30 mpg based on mostly highway driving.

Favorite Features

Styling MMI

Suggested Improvements

None

Our First Audi
By dale49

2013 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

After buying a 2013 VW Passat TDI in October for myself, it was my wife's turn for a new car. She had her heart set on a BMW 328i...until she got in one. Too small, too confining, truly baffling ergonomics. We then looked at another Passat TDI(too big), a Jetta TDI(too sparse), a Volvo S80(too something), and finally the Audi A4. We were both sold on it right away due to the Quattro and Nav systems. We immediately put 3,000 miles on it in the first week with a trip to Washington State. Handled perfectly on wet, icy and snowy roads, and was a really comfortable ride. No sign at all of the oil burning issue others have had after 3k miles, so hopefully that's a good sign.

Favorite Features

The MMI...the Nav system is a thing of beauty, way better than my Passat's. The 8 speed is seamless, and a blast in Sport mode. The LEDs are amazing to look at, and really enhance the overall apperance of an already great looking car.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I miss between the Passat and the A4 is a place to store my sunglasses where they are easily accessible. Other than that, it's a great car. A bit more expensive than we were planning on, but you get your money's worth.

Car burns oil
By eric141

2013 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My 2013 Audi A4 2.0T burns about 1 quart of oil every 2000 miles. I had read about this issue with older A4, but the dealer had sworn that the problem had been resolved. Apparently not!

Best bang for your buck for an AWD luxury sedan
By bchguy111

2013 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my second Audi. I upgraded from a 2012 Audi A4 2.0T FWD with CVT. It was a great car. Great performance and gas mileage. However, I had an opportunity to upgrade to a quattro with the light package and 2013 upgrades. So far, the car is awesome. Drives even better with the Quattro and suspension and steering upgrades. And those lights, beautiful. The car is even more stricking then my 2012. I also like the 8 speed auto better then the CVT.

Favorite Features

Love the Quattro. It feels so planted. I also love the LED light package. And it's a great design for a sedan;better then both the BMW and Mercedes. Neither can beat the interior design and it's fit and finish. Great gas mileage too. Oh, and that turbo, so much fun to drive. Great all around car.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it had BT audio and USB port.

Fantastic Vehicle
By mugman1

2013 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Traded an '11 Acura TSX for this 2013 A4 Premium Plus and so glad I did!! Could not get comfortable in the Acura, and too little rear seat room for the family. This Audi is "right sized" for a family of 4. Plenty of useable trunk space. Ride is composed but comfortable, 18 inch wheels help the car stick around corners, powerful brakes to haul the car down from speed which it gains easily from the 2.0 turbo running through 8 gears. Excellent fit and finish and an attractive sedan from any angle in my opinion. Electric power steering gives up some feel, but is far superior to that found in the Acura. I compared with BMW 3, Mercedes C class, Infiniti, and new Lexus ES. A4 was superior!

Favorite Features

Interior quality, fit and finish. Also love the clarity of the gauges, interior and exterior lighting, especially the LED light tubes in the headlights and taillights which are new for 2013. Gas mileage has been a plus (getting 29-33 highway running at 75-80 mph and 25-28 around town). Very easy to find a comfortable driving position in this car. MMI interface is actually fairly intuitive to use, blue tooth works well, Nav screen has excellent graphics, and can use the car as a WiFi Hot Spot--excellent for the kids electronics when traveling.

Suggested Improvements

HVAC controls are a bit more complicated than they need to be but are learned farily easily with a bit of practice; would prefer a true tire pressure monitoring system that displays tire pressures individually (Audi's is an indirect system relying on hub sensors to detect differences in speed and hence potential pressure differences). A real dipstick in the engine to check the oil would be nice--the only way to check oil level is through a gauge in the MMI nav display. That's about it and those are small complaints.