2006 Acura RL 3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic w/Navi System Consumer Review - My "new" used RL

2006 Acura RL - Consumer Review

3.5 Sedan (3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic w/Navi System)

My "new" used RL
By Ruppster on

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a car guy. Have owned three beemers, four Mercedes, a couple of 3rd generation RX-7s, etc. I am now a dad with two youngsters and decided to go "practical" and buy a responsible used car. After much research settled on a very, very clean 2006 RL. While it does not have the marquee value of my last to Mercedes, it's a pretty darn nice car and one heck of a value. Paid about 20K for a car that listed for 50K new and still has very few signs of wear and tear. Interior features are just great. Voice recognition isn't perfect but everything else is spot on. You really feel coddled in the cockpit. Stereo is best I've experienced, materials are top notch.

Favorite Features

Stereo, interior in general. Overall build quality. I hate to say it but it seems better than all four of the mercedes and the two beemers I owned. This car, especially used, is one terrific bang for the buck.

Suggested Improvements

A little more get up and go would be helpful. Styling is just okay; too bad for a car this nice.