Used 2016 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews

Used Touareg for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Unapologelic Owner

Dakar 09/10/11, 01/02/2016
TDI Sport w/Technology 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

So let me say this is the third Touareg I have owned. I traded my 2002 for a 2011. Totaled the 2011 and decided to buy a 2015 but there wasn't one available in the color I wanted. So I got a 2016 TDI one month before "Dieselgate" kicked off. When I pulled off the lot I was in sport mode and I was thrilled.I'm at 4500 miles and it is has been great not seeing many other cars like my own on the road. I do get harasses by friends and my wife who thinks my employer will move me to California where I'll be forced to sell. This Executive edition VW TDI is one of the few that got off the boat prior to being pulled off the market in the US. That's to bad for those who may have wanted a great diesel at not such a bad price.

Buyer beware!

Glynn, 07/16/2017
VR6 Sport w/Technology 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Run from anything made by the VW corporation, leased a brand new car after 6k miles, it stalled and needed an entire new fuel pump. Dealer (horrible), replaced the fuel pump, and it stalled again on the way home. Talked corporate they were horrible telling me the dealer is saying it's fixed. Had to go to the state to file a lemon law suit, finally have settled with them after 8 months of headaches.

5 out of 5 stars

Very comfortable touring car.

Grant Hedges, 04/21/2016
VR6 Lux 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Roomy with conservative styling. Solid ride and feel. Not as smooth or quiet as my Lexus RX 330 but better looking than the new Lexus. Electric throttle take getting used to for a smooth start. Not impressed with MPG, to bad the TDI isn't available currently. 2018- Still enjoying the car. Adaptive cruise control is great for highway driving. It will bring the car to a full stop in traffic. The car is good in the snow. 2019- Still loving the car. One of the nicest road cars we’ve owned. Very comfortable on all day car trips. Just the right size.

Sam

Richard Baumann, 01/10/2018
TDI Lux 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

If you have aftermarket wheels from your older Touareg, the TPMS probably won't work. As a result of the diesel fix, the car surges when trying to run at 25 mph. Dealer pleads ignorance. Radio scan quit working on AM; would only scan 3 stations. Dealer couldn't figure it out and had radio replaced under warranty. Same thing happened 6 months later but tech at another dealer pushed a few buttons and got it working again.

Great but fuel Economy is TERRIBLE in town

Kevin, 06/15/2018
VR6 Executive 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I love this car but and fully load at $61k vs a Cayanne (assuming you don’t need the extra HP) it is a great deal. That said, my only criticism so far is the fuel economy rating. I am not sure sure how they got to 17 mpg when the best I can do is ~14mpg in normal stop and go traffic. I don’t do a lot of Highway miles so can’t comment on that yet.

3 out of 5 stars