Used 2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Consumer Reviews

Used Rabbit for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...11

Pros
Cons
4.75 out of 5 stars

Runs Like A Bunny

og4itg, 05/21/2009
4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Unlike past VWs, this Rabbit with 48,000 miles, has been totally trouble- free and rock solid. No problems or rattles and still as enjoyable to drive now as on day one. Spirited driving has yielded average 25.8 mpg. (range 19.8 to 32.2) Reliability problems are in the past so I have no choice but to stay in the VW family

4.25 out of 5 stars

Good Value for the Price

Matt, 02/21/2007
4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I've owned this car for about five months and since then I've put on 8,000 trouble-free miles. It's a solid car with enough power for daily driving and its interior build quality is far nicer than many cars in its price class. The rear hatch is somewhat smaller than my previous generation Golf, but VW made up for it by providing a roomier backseat. For the price, the standard safety features, power/heated seats, sunroof, and electronic stabilization are hard to beat.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Great car, a step backward for fuel econ

bluebunny, 06/27/2007
4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Great car, fun car, very solid and yet very nimble on all kinds of roads. The only problem is the fuel economy. We are averaging 17-18 mpg for 100% city driving, which is atrocious for VW historically. Though I really like the feel and the energy the engine gives the car, I think it was a mistake to put the larger engine in this car instead of keeping the old 4-cyl 1.8L standard from the Golf.

5 out of 5 stars

Best small car ever!

vntgdave, 08/24/2008
PZEV 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is by far the best small car I've ever driven. I'm 6'1" and 200 lbs. and I fit in it perfectly. It drives like a full size sedan and gets great gas mileage for the horsepower that it has. I've put 60K on her in 2 years and I've had no problems. I have long commutes for work (3-6 hours) and I rarely ever feel the fatigue from sitting in my car that long. When I have to drive compact to midsize rentals for my job (I hate most of them) I can't wait to get home to my rabbit. It feels safe too...especially with all of the airbags.

4.63 out of 5 stars

FARFEGNUGEN

Prams, 01/17/2009
2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Great car! Very few problems since off the lot new, now 30K miles. Way fun to drive, starts fine at -30F, load the big dogs, the bikes, the stuff, and go. Get about 30mpg highway, mid 20's city. Haven't gone thru any brake pads yet and am overdue for speeding tickets.

12345...11