Used 2014 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

Used Jetta for Sale
Select your model:
1...456789

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Great Car

Dennis, 02/02/2019
SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

A very efficient reliable sedan. Efficient with fuel and size is small enough, very practical with the 4 doors, large space in trunk.

A-MA-ZING

Liz, 04/12/2019
TDI 4dr Sedan w/Premium (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

The headlights and interior lights are less being than the normal car but everything else is so amazing!! I get up to 50 mpg in warm weather and 35-40 mpg in the winter! I’m absolutely in love, worth the buy for any of these models, that’s if you can get your hands on one!

I love this car

KristenBellevueWA, 11/13/2019
4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in 2014. It's beautiful and drives really well. At first it didn't seem peppy, but I got over that and learned how to get performance out of it.

Cheated by vw duluth

The dude, 08/25/2020
TDI 4dr Sedan w/Premium, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I bought this car from 2 harbors and pulled off the lot tthe air conditioning didn't work they won't fix it then engine starts idling rough so I bring it into Volkswagen dealership they say that I have an injector seal leak and a boost leak which should be covered under the emissions warranty they said that it's not a big deal and not worry about it called another Volkswagen place and they said it is a big deal the first place said that they don't have to do anything with their emissions warranty unless a check engine light is on another thing that goes wrong that's covered by their emissions warranty is your check engine light won't come on tdi 2014 I would not but it

Worst car ever.

Sparky, 09/15/2021
TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I bought a 2014 Jetta TDI after the diesel recall thinking I would simply get a little worse fuel economy and the car would be reliable and robust and since it had a warranty extension to 120k miles, I couldn't go wrong. What a mistake. The car was an extreme lemon. The high pressure fuel pump failed and the diesel particulate filter got clogged, I got a code about low sensor voltage which resulted in a broken glow plug and the entire head getting replaced which resulted in an exhaust smell in the passenger compartment that wouldn't go away. The car was in the shop for 8 months out of the 2 years I owned it across 3 different dealerships. Then the entire body started to rust in little pinpoints everywhere. This was the first time I bought at a dealership. The first thing they do is lie, then they lie and lie some more. My 1985 and 1997 gas powered Jettas were fun and very reliable. This 2014 diesel one was a nightmare. Eventually one dealership agreed to buy it from me instead of flailing on trying to fix it over and over again. No more VW's for me ever.

1...456789