Used 2016 Volkswagen e-Golf Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used e-Golf for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
1 out of 5 stars

Should have kept my Prius

Debbie R in L.A., 08/17/2019
SE 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I work 9 miles from home and have to charge my car every single night and I’ve only had it for three weeks. Because I drive in bumper to bumper traffic I can watch the 107 mile fully charged battery drop within 10 minutes down to 87 and then down to 55 before I get home. It can take 22 hours to fully charge. So I have to charge it every night for 12 hours and hope that it is fully charged. 9 miles using up 53? Who made this piece of garbage? I was told by sales to “realistically” expect 100 miles per charge, not the 126 advertised. Also, the delay does not work at all. I put it on for the first time and in the AM my car was still at 55. I live driving it but this is a scam.

16 e-golf solved MOST of our primary car needs

irj, 07/30/2021
SE 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

If you are shopping for an e-Golf, you probably already know the different models, years, and benefits of each--there are definitely some model improvements in '17 that we envy but for almost all of our car trips (like, 325 days a year) this car's range and amenities are all we need. It's a blast to drive, there is little to no maintenance cost, and it's easy to charge at home (get a charger on Amazon or etc. for under a grand). The stereo sounds good for a stock radio. Handling is fun around town. On the highway, it's a little odd that this model (SE) doesn't have any kind of cruise control at all, but you probably are not going to log a ton of highway miles anyway. As a second car, it's a no brainer (if you can charge at home). As a primary car, with some work and a few rental cars for longer trips, it's totally fine and INEXPENSIVE. TLDR, we love it.

4 out of 5 stars