2019 Volkswagen Atlas Consumer Reviews

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:
1...67891011

Pros
Cons

Atlas , holding up the world

Lenny, 11/12/2019
V6 SEL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The Atlas seemed to be a worthy choice in current vehicles. It was roomy and comfortable and easy to drive. The price was competitive. We decided upon a Mazda CX9 because it was a better "deal".

So far it's mostly good. VW service is not.

VW Owner, 06/12/2020
V6 SE 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

2019 VW Atlas I've heard the same Torque Converter noise others are complaining about and the dealership cannot reproduce it and won't spend time to really look into it. This vehicle also feels weird when accelerating - the engines revs really high before it starts to move from a stop. They also couldn't replicate that and stated the acceleration is normal for these vehicles. They just seemed to hurry up and get me out of there instead of taking the time to diagnose the issue. Other than those glaring issues...this car has a great sound system, touch screen, comfortable seats, spacious, third row and second row fold down so there is lots of room to haul stuff, it can tow 5000lbs so it works great for towing U-Boxes from U-Haul, and it accelerates well on the highway (and sounds like a race car when doing so). Overall this car is amazing when you remove the issues stated in my first paragraph. I would recommend this car but I'm only 10,000 miles into this car and I'm dreading having to see any service lights on the dash and have to take it to the dealer for repair. Guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope that doesn't happen.

Perfect family car

Sarah, 06/26/2020
V6 SE w/Technology 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I researched and drove nearly every car in the three-row suv category and ended up purchasing the Atlas. After two weeks I can report that we LOVE THIS CAR. It has such a quiet and smooth ride, has SO MUCH ROOM, and is versatile in its configuration—fitting our two kids and two dogs with ease.

Ad
2020 Volkswagen Atlas S

I'll never own anything else but an Atlas!

Atlasaholic, 08/08/2020
V6 SE w/Technology 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I'm amazed at the fluidity and smoothness of this SUV! It drives like butter and i can go from 0 to 70 in seconds. My husband or myself don't understand the bad reviews saying the engine is sluggish because it's anything but that. I love the technology and especially the cruise feature. It automatically slows your vehicle down when you get to close while in cruise control. Lane assist is awesome too and the room...wow! We've fit three carseats with room for 3 other people not counting the driver. We have the bench row. I've put both back rows down and have actually transported furniture it's so big. The fuel mileage is great too! I've averaged 30mpg on the highway which is more than stated. I love my Atlas!

Great second choice!

Jim, 08/28/2020
V6 SEL Premium 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Wanted a premium level SUV with a second row bench seat ( to accommodate grandchildren ). Had a 17' Ford Explorer LTD and was looking for a Platinum with a 2nd row bench. Both Ford and VW were difficult to find with a second row bench. Found a VW equipped as we wanted. Both have been good vehicles, and I would recommend both. They each have pros and cons and if either manufacturer would listen to their own solicited opinions from the consumer, they could improve the shortcomings of their vehicles. Only acknowledgement from either was thanks for your input. Since customers take their time to reply, why not discuss what would improve their products? There, now I feel better! VW acceleration is good. Reliability is good so far ( 15,000 miles ). Ford offers smoother ride, but less interior room. Happy with both vehicles.

1...67891011