Save up to $6,000 with EV Tax Credits & Rebates
View rebatesView rebates
- Federal Tax Credit for Retail non-cash$4,000Restrictions:
Beginning January 1, 2023 under the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) offers taxpayers a Used Clean Vehicle Tax Credit equal to 30% of the sale price up to a maximum credit of $4,000 for the purchase of a used plug-in electric or hydrogen fuel cell vehicle.
For the vehicle to qualify:
- Price cannot exceed $25,000.
- Need to verify the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
- Must be at least two model years older than the current calendar year in which the vehicle was purchased.
- Must be sold through a dealership, private sales not permitted.
- Not have already been transferred after August 16, 2022, to a qualified buyer.
For individuals to qualify:
- Must meet income eligibility, depending on modified adjusted gross income (AGI) and tax filing status.
- Must not be the first owner of the qualifying vehicle.
- Has not been allowed a credit under this section for any sale during the 3-year period ending on the date of the sale of such vehicle.
- Purchased for personal use, not a business, corporation or for resale.
To learn more, visit https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/used-clean-vehicle-credit
- State Rebate for Retail$2,000Restrictions:
The Department of Environmental Protection offers up to $2,000 for the purchase of a pre-owned battery electric vehicle to eligible applicants through the Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) Rebate. Leased vehicles are not eligible. To qualify:
- Pre-owned AFV Rebate: $2,000 for Pennsylvania residents whose total household income is below 400 percent of the Federal Income Poverty level as defined by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Final purchase price must be $50,000 or less.
- One-time pre-owned vehicle must be a maximum of 7 years old with an odometer reading of 75,000 miles or less.
- Purchase must be from a retail location or online retail service (no private sales allowed).
- Vehicles must have a valid Pennsylvania registration.
- Applicants whose total household income is below 200 percent of the Federal Income Poverty level will be eligible to apply for an additional $1,000 rebate.
To learn more and apply, visit https://www.dep.pa.gov/Citizens/GrantsLoansRebates/Alternative-Fuels-Incentive-Grant/Pages/Alternative-Fuel-Vehicles.aspx
* Delivery of any kind does not apply to Alaska and Hawaii. Contact the dealer for delivery details, restrictions and costs.