2020 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $3,164
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Trying something new

James Y., 02/02/2020
Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Had 3 F150s with very few issues along the way, but the prices of the new ones are simply out of sight. So, I decided to give a Toyota a try this time around, given the lower price for similar equipment. I love the simplicity of the Toyota...no useless bling, baubles and eye candy...just a solid, good looking truck inside and out, with all the modern conveniences and a great reliability track record. Yes, it feels a little dated and a bit less refined than some of its competitors, but it's a good, bulletproof, comfortable, capable, truck that does everything I need a truck to do. And, importantly, it was priced right. As someone else said, if you want bling and baubles, you won't find them here. I've had two trucks like that and found all the 'cool', whiz-bang, stuff to be interesting but largely unnecessary, overly complex, and certainly not worth the extra investment. They were solutions to problems I never had, and just added complexity, distraction, and often frustration. The Tundra has good, intuitive, easy to navigate features which add to my driving experience in meaningful ways. In addition, it's ridiculously off-road capable...far more than my other trucks. My only gripe is with the fuel mileage, but it's the price I'm willing to pay to drive a V8 with all the simplicity, torque and horsepower I prefer. Love the Tundra so far. It's different from what I'm used to, but not in bad ways. It's very off-road capable with all the bells and whistles I need to enjoy my commute and travels.

2020 Tundra

James C, 12/04/2019
SR 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The 5.7 L engine runs great and is rated at 17 MPG highway but I've been averaging 18-19 MPG. The 7" screen is easy to see and use as well as all the information items that can be checked (tire pressure, MPG etc.). Just made a 1700 mile round trip and enjoyed the seats and overall vehicle response.

Durable/reliable

Russ, 06/02/2020
Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 4th Tundra I traded my 2007 for this 2020 because it will be my last truck and we will be doing alot of towing. The 2007 had 120000 miles on it and I was convinced it would go another 100k but my wife was nervous... 120k. No oil use between changes, u-joints still solid, NO problems at all. Towed a trailer from Tacoma to Cabo and back, Calgary and back and several trips tp Death Valley with nary a whimper!, Keep all your bells and whistles I need a reliable tow vehicle —the Tundra!

Ad
Build Your Tundra
At a Glance:
  • 9 Colors
  • 4 Trims
Build and Pricetoyota.com
Prototype shown with options.

Love our 2020 Platinum series!

Jennifer D, 10/18/2019
Platinum 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We decided to "downgrade" from our Infiniti SUV QX80 .. but we are very pleased with all the upgrades to the 2020 Tundra which had most of the options our $100k SUV has! It even had keyless entry and push button start!!! Drives smooth, feels more luxury than just a TRUCK.. we are beyond happy with it! We have the Mesquite (brown) color with black interior... its stunning! 38 gallon gas tank is a bit spendy to fill, but hey we get almost 600 miles out of a full tank.

Awsome

Jon, 12/16/2019
SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I would rate this truck five stars except for the fuel economy. Power is great as well as the ride and room in the cab.

12345...7