Used 2010 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews

Used Tundra for Sale
Select your model:
12345...18

Pros
Cons

Nice Truck but poor Quality Control

Tundra, 02/13/2010

I like the truck, just upgraded from a 2006 tacoma. Lots of power and very comfortable to drive. But watch out for the recent Toyota problems. Within 150 miles of purchase check engine light came on. Was told it would take 5 days to fix, then was called later that day and told all i needed was an oil change. Upon internet research i found out there was more than likely metal in the oil filter from the manufacturing process. After discussions with the dealership This was confirmed when i reached the dealership. They extended my warranty to 6 yr 100000 miles bumper to bumper, but Toyota would not pay for it so the dealership made good on it.

Check Engine Light

JH, 03/14/2010

Have had the truck for a week and the check engine light is on! Just traded in my Jeep Grand Cherokee for the same reason. Expensive truck and now this! Put some faith in Toyota even with the accelerator recall and supposedly from another post, they knew about this problem, cam sensor. Beware!

Awesome Truck

Mahn, 04/24/2010

Very responsive truck. Lots of room. Very please that this 5.7 will out pull others 5.7. Lots of fun to drive. Love the rear sliding window and the tilting head lights. Mileage is awesome. been averaging about 14city and 20hwy on this 5.7. I will add cold air later which will improve the mileage even more. I was having withdrawal when I traded in (trouble free for 10yrs) my 2000 tundra. After driving the 2010 tundra, I don't miss it anymore. More power more room spills a lot of fun.

Cam sensor

stash, 05/14/2010

Before purchasing my 2010 Tunda 4.6, I did read some reviews about the engine light coming on shortly after purchasing from other reviewers. I purchased the truck based on Toyota quality based on past purchases. Well after 6 days and 370 miles, I said to myself no engine light should be good. Well day 7 engine light on brought to dealer and told them about previous reviews. Said engine oil was the problem. Waited 15 minutes and was given a loaner to use until the cam sensor (most likely) will be replaced.This is an assumption being that it's Friday and they will not be able to completely check the problem until Monday. Very disappointed in Toyota due to years of quality work.

Best half ton

big blue, 08/02/2010

I drove every truck out there, Chevy, Ford, and Dodge. The Ford look nice inside and out, but when you drive it (it lacks power for a v8 5.4) and to me the engine is the heart of a truck! The Chevy was a good truck but didn't have the resale valve that Toyota has. The 6.0l was good but 5.7l was better. The Dodge had the best ride but can't tow as much as the others. The 5.7 hemi is better then last gen but the 5.7 is just better. All the trucks have great things going for them but the Toyota has it all. The ride on all trucks are ok at best, but Toyota has the worst bed bonce.

12345...18