Used 2010 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews

Used Tundra for Sale
Select your model:
12345...18

Pros
Cons

Gas Mileage

nathantundra, 08/06/2012

I bought my truck new in 2010, its a double cab TRD, 5.7liter, 2wd, and it has never got more than 14.2mpg, and thats on the highway with a K&N filter, and premium gas, its the worst gas mileage truck on the market today. I have owned many trucks, but this is worst one yet. I dont know where they get the window sticker information, because its not true.

Comfortable truck

Robert Kladde, 06/27/2009

I just purchased the Tundra three weeks ago and have 2,000 miles on it. Rides comfortably, quietly, looks great, and has more than enough power! Hauled 1000 pound load in bed as though it was empty. Excellent acceleration even with the smaller V8. Glad I went with the new 4.6! Handles great on windy Colorado mountain roads with little body roll. I am averaging 20 MPG with 75/25% hwy/cty. That's amazing! CO air is thin though. Only bummer so far, however, is this hard to find 00W20 motor oil that it requires!! Can only find it in Mobile one, by the quart only, and it is $7.00 per quart! Yes, that's a SEVEN! Wal-Mart is only $6.30 a quart, but they rarely have it in stock. Beware.

Excellent Truck

machinex, 09/03/2009

Even with the work truck package and the base 4.0L engine, this is a great vehicle. Looks good, rides smooth for full-size truck and gets a lot of looks. Toyota really paid attention to truck buyers this time; there's storage compartments everywhere, the tailgate is light as a feather but still very strong and the whole truck just feels sturdy and beefy. I used to buy only domestic trucks because of headroom issues (I'm very tall), but now the Toyota cab is just as tall and roomy as the competitors. While Ford may have more packages and options available, Toyota has been smarter about the offerings they have. After all, no one wants roll-up windows on a truck over $20k.

First Toyota - Went Big

Big Papa, 12/10/2009

This is my first Toyota truck, after driving two Dodge trucks. I am a bit concerned as a check engine light came on after just 235 miles. It seems a cam sensor is defective. I think that means the engine has to be taken apart to fix this issue. I am also experiencing an annoying creaking sound somewhere around my rear view mirror. One visit to the service department has not fixed this issue. I am also a bit disappointed with the cheap license plate mount. I really do like this truck a lot, but in my mind, I should not have the previously noted problems given the price of this vehicle. I will be very disappointed if the issues are not resolved soon.

sorry I bought this truck

irishman not happy, 01/14/2010

I bought this truck with high expectations after having my T-100 for 13 years and loving it. This truck has a lousy transmission. When turning corners at low speeds it can not seem to find a gear to go into. More torque would be nice because the engine sound like it never has enough power to do the job. Would have never bought this truck if I could have driven the 4.6 before the dealership found one for me and I was obligated to purchase it. I drove the 5.7 and thought it would have some of the raw power this engine has but not to be.

12345...18