Used 2010 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews

Used Tundra for Sale
Select your model:
12345...18

Pros
Cons

Awesome Truck, downright AWFUL MPG

Tom, 06/15/2010

This truck is awesome. It has an unbelievable amount of power, and exceeds my expectations with ease, but I regret my decision in buying the "Rock Warrior" package, as the tires, suspension, etc. are hurting this truck's gas mileage severely. As in 9 mpg in the city, 10-12 mpg highway. Other than that, all I can say is that this has to be the best half-ton ever built.

Major transmissin problem

ken, 12/27/2009

My 4.6 litr. transmission acts like no other vehicle I have driven, it constantly is hunting for a gear and the gas pedal is not responsive to requests for a small amount of power to maintain a constant speed. When doing this, I apply pressure to the pedal and after an inch or more of down pressure with nothing happening, it down shifts. I tow a 5700 lb trailer and the poor response of the engine and lack of power on hills makes driving this vehicle ULTRA annoying. Toyota said the truck is normal, baloney!!!! If it responded like every other vehicle I have driven, I would not be writing this review. I've been driving Toyotas for 30 years.

best truck i have ever driven

exf150owner, 04/22/2010

bought new in 2007. Traded in a new F150 that had engine/fuel injector issues after 20k miles. The ford dealer fixed every time but after being stranded 3 times I had to find something reliable. Towing 7klbs with the F150 was frightening, with the crewmax it is amazing how well/safe this vehicle is. 60k miles now and no problems at all.I tow over 10,000lbs regularly . The Tundra has bigger brakes than a F250! I drove the Chevy,F250 and the Nissan. The Nissan was a close second, but i wanted the 6speed trans and 4.32 rear end that comes stock in the Tundra. Do not buy into negative hype about Toyota, there is a lot of lies out there. Just drive the Tundra, or ask someone that owns one.

Dependable and Rugged

mwolfland, 08/28/2019
Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Owned for over 200K miles. Only notable defect was the door lock actuators all had to be replaced in time; never had that problem with prior Toyo/Lexus vehicles. Otherwise, very dependable, comfortable, good handling on and off road. Put on a lot of miles both on and off road and the Tundra 4x2 withstood all. Very capable for towing as well.

Can't go wrong

cpfincham, 12/03/2010

I wanted to wait until I got to 15K miles before I wrote a review. Truck is amazing! Ride is surprisingly smooth for a large truck. Drove my dad's 2010 Dodge Ram over same rough terrain and didn't feel a difference. CrewMax is enormous and capable of making a 6K camper seem like a load of firewood. More than enough power when you need it with or without a load. The transmission has a hard time finding the right gear at certain speeds and will drop into too low of a gear at times. Shorter people may have a hard time to reach all of the buttons on the radio because of the large interior area. Base no frills model is perfect for everyday and long road trip driving.

12345...18