Used 2010 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews

Used Tundra for Sale
Select your model:
12345...18

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

The Most Dependable Truck Made!

Jimmy D., 05/04/2019
Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I'll start off by saying I was die-hard GM guy for most of my life. In 2004, Toyota sent me an ad in the mail for a gift card for trying out one of their vehicles. I took them up on it, only to get the gift. I walked out of the dealer with my first Tundra! This 2010 is my second tundra. The first one was traded at 150,000 miles, ONLY because I wanted the 5.7l engine to tow my camper. Now, my current Tundra TRD Off Road has 128,000 miles on it, and has been just as exceptional as the first. No, it's not as glitzy as some of the competitors, but it sure will outlast all of them. For those that complain about the gas mileage, if you just take it easy on starts, and let it coast down hills, it's a bunch better. I can regularly get 18+ MPG tank full to tank full on the highway. My experience has been to buy nothing lower than 89 octane fuel, not even for my lawn mower. For fifteen years, and two Tundra's, I've never has a check engine light come on. No O2 sensor failure, either. If you want 30 MPG, don't buy a truck. For me, the Tundra has less gadgets to distract me, or to break. I would really like to buy a brand new one, but can't find a reason to let go of this one. They're just so darn dependable. I don't ever see a competitors truck in my garage!

3 out of 5 stars

5 out of 5 stars

Stunning build quality. Unmatched driving experience!

Golddust, 02/26/2011
Tundra Grade FFV 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

So many of the 5.7L reviews acknowledge the monster horsepower and torque of this exceptional drivetrain. Toyota, however, has managed to combine the power with an overall unmatched driving experience. Climb into the cab of the Tundra, buckle up and get ready to experience the best drive of your life. The Tundra imparts a feeling of control, confidence and well being that only happens with one or two vehicles in a lifetime. Remember that one you wished you had never sold? The Tundra is that one again and now. It will make you look forward to the local Home Depot trip as much as the two week, two thousand mile vacation jaunt. At this price level, nothing out there comes anywhere close.

4.88 out of 5 stars

2010 Tundra Crewmax 2wd 5.7ltr TRD SR5

wes, 09/27/2010
Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

So far (1000 miles) this truck has not disappointed. My first tank of gas I averaged 16.5 mpg with mostly highway driving, the second tank the truck got 15.4 mpg with mostly city driving. It is a big truck with a big v8 so one shouldn't expect 25 mpg and be upset when they do not get that. I love the rear doors opening at nearly 90* to the truck as it makes it easy to get in and out putting my daughter in her car seat. The tailgate assist shocks are a nice touch. The truck is a nice tame vehicle when driving normal but has plenty of power on tap when you mash the go pedal. Trans shifts really smooth. I am 6,4 and with the front seat set for my driving I have plenty of room in the rear seat.

3.63 out of 5 stars

Major transmissin problem

ken, 12/27/2009
Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

My 4.6 litr. transmission acts like no other vehicle I have driven, it constantly is hunting for a gear and the gas pedal is not responsive to requests for a small amount of power to maintain a constant speed. When doing this, I apply pressure to the pedal and after an inch or more of down pressure with nothing happening, it down shifts. I tow a 5700 lb trailer and the poor response of the engine and lack of power on hills makes driving this vehicle ULTRA annoying. Toyota said the truck is normal, baloney!!!! If it responded like every other vehicle I have driven, I would not be writing this review. I've been driving Toyotas for 30 years.

4.88 out of 5 stars

best truck i have ever driven

exf150owner, 04/22/2010
Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

bought new in 2007. Traded in a new F150 that had engine/fuel injector issues after 20k miles. The ford dealer fixed every time but after being stranded 3 times I had to find something reliable. Towing 7klbs with the F150 was frightening, with the crewmax it is amazing how well/safe this vehicle is. 60k miles now and no problems at all.I tow over 10,000lbs regularly . The Tundra has bigger brakes than a F250! I drove the Chevy,F250 and the Nissan. The Nissan was a close second, but i wanted the 6speed trans and 4.32 rear end that comes stock in the Tundra. Do not buy into negative hype about Toyota, there is a lot of lies out there. Just drive the Tundra, or ask someone that owns one.

12345...18