Used 2007 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews - 274 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Love the truck, Except
By David W

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The only issue I’ve ever had is the “Bed Bounce” experienced on certain concrete highways. It’s very annoying and embarrassing, looking into the mirrors and watching the bed vibrate 2 to 3 inches up and down is disconcerting. Toyota never really addressed it until years later and then I was told that the fix might not work and would come out of my pocket.

Great Truck
By Jeff

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

A solid reliable truck. I added a line-x bed liner, motorized running boards, and a console safe. It has been kept in a garage since it was bought.

Toyots Shafts thosuands of used auto buyers
By Daniel Warren

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchase this 2007 Tundra approximately 1 year ago. The truck was in very good condition, seemed to run well, and only had 43000 miles on it. I believed that I would have several years of relatively maintenance free driving. At about the 14 month period all of the idiot lights came on several of which start flashing, and the truck went into ( What I now know ) is considered "Limp Mode" This is where the computer only allows the vehicle to go so fast in an effort to protect the engine of damage. I drove the truck to the Toyota dealer, where the mechanic indicated that there were four components of an air-pump system ( Part of the emissions control system), two of which had failed. He indicated that Toyota new the components were junk and had extended the warranty for 10 years or 150000 miles. This would probably be a saving grace for most owners who owned vehicles that had been driven enough miles for the parts to fail; however those that had not, or those that have recently purchased a low mileage, 2007, are out of luck. Repair cost to date just shy of 2300.00 Do not buy a Toyots vehicle between the years of 2007, and 2011 regardless of how cheap it is being sold.

BEST TRUCK EVER BUILT...I SHOULD KNOW
By Aaron Anderson

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I own a landscape company among other things, a used car lot as well. And I am here to tell all of you future Tundra buyers the true skinny on this masterpiece. Best truck I've ever owned, by far, not even close. GMC Sierra second but far down the list from Tundra. This is such a good truck and resale so strong that I am selling my 2007 SR5 double cab 4x4 with some damage on the rear fender and tailgate, 230K miles, for a strong price and am having seller's remorse because I can't find comparable Tundra for the money. These things hold their value like no other. And this truck with all the miles runs like a truck with 80K on the odometer. Smooth as silk, no real money problems all 7 years I've owned. I'm not even looking at other trucks. I will own a Tundra forever. In fact, if all you are shopping with is high mile Tundra money, don't worry. These with the 5.7 V8 especially, go for hundreds and hundreds of thousands of miles without a hitch. The guy who is buying my 230K truck already has a Tundra with 400K on it!

Love this truck!
By Joe S.

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck can work hard and is stylish enough to be out on the town. Comfortable enough to get the entire family up to the cabin in winter. Great rig!