Used 2006 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews

Used Outback for Sale
Select your model:
12345...23

Pros
Cons

Great car - great buy

Kenneth, 09/25/2005

So far so great with the Outback. The ride is very smooth, stable and comfortable and has very good ground clearance. Actually fun to drive. Controls are well positioned and easy to use- as is the trunk\hatch. Great MPG - 1st check was a little under 27mpg (mostly highway but awesome for all-wheel drive!). Very peppy - don't bother with the bigger engine - the 2.5L does very good getting up on the highway. Great safety and reliability ratings to boot. Very happy we went with the Outback.

Too small for a family car

DChes, 01/07/2009

My wife and I purchased a 2006 LL Bean Wagon as our family car. Herein lies the problem; it seems to have been designed by people without kids. 1) The LATCH system is recessed so far in to the seat that is it very difficult to reach. 2) Rear facing car seats require that the front seat is forward to the point that my knees almost touch the dash (I an 5'11"). I drive a VW GTI and, because of its larger passenger compartment, we often take it on trips and leave the "family car" at home

burns oil, engine needs replacing

Chris Stark, 04/16/2016
2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I learned this is a common problem with Subaru's. Burns oil. Oil level gets low. Oil light doesn't come on. Engine needs replacing. $7000.

Check Engine Light Horrors

yifinguy, 01/15/2013

I loved my Roo until the Check Engine Light came on. First it was the O-2 sensors code that came up. After a $400 cost to replace those, then came a code indicating Random Misfire and I replaced the plugs, then came a P20296 code showing eventually that it needed a new computer which will cost over $600 for a 2nd hand one - almost $900 for a new one. You have to get it re-keyed with a new Electronic Control Module. Nickel and dime to death isn't the word for it! When those codes come up, you have no cruise either! All of this has happened within a few weeks.

The Best Wagon on the Market

Jose Alfredo, 06/20/2006

A great 4 cylinder car that has very good mileage on all-wheel drive. Many things are standard on this car, like ABS brakes and alloy wheels. Fun to drive, easy to make U-turns, and has ample power for going on vacations.

12345...23