Used 2007 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews

Used Forester for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

New Subaru

jao118, 10/17/2006

I just bought my Subaru this month. I am slightly disappointed in the mileage. I get 23 in town but my highway drive is 25.5. I am hoping this will get better.

Practical and reliable

Mowine4me, 11/21/2006

This is the second Forester we have bought and it's just a great, practical car.

2007 Forester XT Sport, my 1st and last Subaru

taun, 09/11/2013

I purchased a 2007 Forester XT Sport (the turbo version) with the expectation that I would be getting a car that was fun to drive, reliable, and had AWD. It has been anything, but reliable. At about 44k miles, the check engine light came on. When I went to have the car diagnosed, the dealer said I had P1410, P2431, P2432, and P2444 fault codes showing up indicating that I had a problem with the secondary air valve. That problem, was a $1200 fix, as my car was outside the 36k warranty. At 61k miles, the radiator cracked and sprayed fluid all over the engine bay. That was a $540 repair. Needless to say, I am done with this car and will not be buying another Subaru because of it.

love it

grocerygetten, 12/30/2006

I love this car. Got 8 inches of snow 1 week after I bought it, and it was great. Handles like a dream. I'm over 6 foot and have plenty of room. Looks great too. I feel very safe in this car. Had a small S.U.V. before and was afraid it would tip over, not in my new Subaru. A very fun to drive car.

shy rocket

Fyrecherdo, 12/06/2006

This is my first Subaru. I've owned mostly Toyotas. I love the Boxer engine and the feel of AWD. I put two of my buddies inside for a spin and surprised them when the front end "launched" straight up when accelerated. From the outside this car looks like a soccer-mom transport.

Great Value for the Money

greydigger07, 07/02/2011

I purchased the Forester after many months of comparison shopping and test drives and 15,000 miles later, I couldn't be happier with my choice. I get around 27 mpg from mostly highway driving and have the safety and security of AWD to boot! Last winter, Chicago had one of the worst snowstorms in its history. Despite whiteout conditions and huge snow drifts, my Forester got me home and was sure footed and confident the whole time. The car has great outward vision, decent pickup for merging and great handling thanks to its flat four and lower ride height. In my opinion, the Forester is perfect for someone who wants more space but doesn't want to give up the fun of a small car.

One week

Linda Lee, 09/01/2006

I like the "evenness" or the ride and the feeling of good control. It went off the road (2 tires on pavement, 2 on dirt) to avoid a head-on collision with no loss or compromise of control. I especially like the moonroof feature - perhaps I noticed this because it is summer and it hasn't rained yet. I like the built in audio aux jack.

Subaru reliability & longevity marketing is a joke

S. Saunders, 10/04/2016
2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a very unreliable car. Our '07 Forester LL Bean edition has had one odd expensive repair after another. Our car has 118,000 miles on it, was bought new, and has had one driver. Six years after purchase the AC condensor "disintegrated" resulting in a $1,100 repair. Last month, the fuel tank valves and transmission cooler lines had to be replaced. Again, $1,200. Three weeks later, the alternator went bad, estimated cost around $1,000. In the past 6 months, we've had over $3,500 in repairs. We bought a Subura because it was supposed to be reliable and for its longevity. That's not the case. Our car has been routinely maintained by the dealership and always had the recommended servicing based on mileage. My previous car was a Honda and only had routine repairs. We will never buy another Subaru.

2007 Forester Subaru--- LL Bean

Bill, 10/05/2006

Big fan of Subaru for over 20 years. This is the best vehicle I've ever owned. Living in Maine was quite the experience with the harsh winters. It would be 60 below zero in January and my Subaru would start every time. Also, excellent traction and control in the snow.

another solid car

credto, 11/04/2006

This is my third Subaru, our first one and still housed is a 2000 2.5 RS 2- DR, then a 2004 Outback Sport, now our 2007 Forester.

12345...7