2020 Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $8,737
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Amazing truck - from ride to fit and finish.

NDNavy92, 01/02/2020
Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.3 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

This is simply the most amazing truck I’ve ever owned. And I’ve owned over half a dozen across all american brands. Best ride for a truck. Simply put. Fit and finish are class leading and way above it’s class. I’ve driven over 10,900 hard miles and not a single thing wrong. Nothing. The 12 inch display works flawlessly for me and the Harmon kardon stereo amazes with streaming services like Pandora or Spotify. Huge cabin and the seats are perfect for strong support but comfortable enough for long rides. Folks that ride along are just shocked and impressed. Plenty of power, towing, payload and comfort. Reliability is yet to be seen but given the fit and finish and my buddy’s 2019’s flawless performance with over 30,000 miles - I’m a believer in the new Rams. Pricey. But well worth it. I strongly suspect the negative reviews here are other brand owners simply jealous over the fact Ram has taken the lead. I have the Longhorn, SB, 5.7L with hybrid, air suspension and all options.

Couldn't be happier!

Karma68, 01/22/2020
Rebel 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Over the past year I did a lot of traveling and rented a lot of rides. The rental car agency had given me 3-F150's in a row so when I walked out and saw the Ram I was quite disappointed... but when I got inside it was like ooo-wee. The interior was like a luxury car. It was a Ram Rebel, Rebel seats, panoramic sunroof, large touchscreen, Hemi, etc. Highly considered a Ford, nothing wrong with them but the price but for all the features and the look I have with my Rebel I feel 1-up on the other brands because I have so much more truck in my opinion, plus the Ram is truck of the year 2 years running, I wouldn't trade it for any other brand. I could not be happier!

The NEW king of trucks is born!

TWH, 04/27/2020
Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

F-150, Silverado, and Sierra beware, the 2020 Ram 1500 is light years ahead of what America has come to expect out of a full-size pickup. I traded my 2018 GMC Sierra Crew 4x4 Z71 for a 2020 Laramie 4x4 Crew 5.7L Hemi and I have never been happier. The Sierra drove me insane with the incessant quarks and poor workmanship that dealers refused to acknowledge. The transmission was complete garbage, there was a mind numbing exhaust tick in the cabin, the body panels didn’t fit flush, and the truck leaned over an inch to one side. Worst new vehicle purchase of my life. Fast forward to Ram...it is evident from simply sitting in the all new Ram that FCA is DEAD SERIOUS about becoming the top dog in the fiercely competitive full-size truck market. The all new Ram (at any trim) is packed with value and attention to detail that GM cannot touch. The transmission is effortless and smooth. Cabin noise is virtually nonexistent. Throttle command and steering response are car-like. Interior appointments easily fool you into believing you are in a much more expensive automobile. The massive interior space, legroom, and storage is borderline ridiculous and is rivaled only by the much maligned Tundra. Exterior styling has finally come of age which makes this truck the most visually appealing full-size on the road. Combine all of this into Ram’s myriad of equipment, trim, and package levels and you have the NEW king of trucks. If you are considering Ford, GM, or even one of the import versions of a full-size pickup, you owe it to yourself to at least test drive the all new Ram. You will quickly see why I cannot stop raving about my new truck and why I am now (should the product continue to deliver) a Ram guy for life.

Ad
Build Your 1500

Love My Laramie

Don, 05/12/2020
Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.3 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

I bought a Laramie and absolutely love it. I have put 16000 miles on it and it has not had any issues. Smooth ride and quite as a mouse. I have owned many luxury cars and have to say this Ram beats them all in interior quality. I got the 5.7 with eTorque. I could not be happier.

Ram customer service is the worst!!!

Christy Hates Ram, 04/01/2020
Lone Star 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Here's my letter to RAM, COMPLETELY IGNORED: I purchased a truck from one of your dealers to tow a camper that I was going to purchase. The truck was loaded with trailer brake control and the giant mirrors. The dealer mentioned that Ram trucks with the Hemi can tow 11,340 LBS with no mention of gear ratios. The gear ratio issue came up when I went to purchase the camper only to find out that my truck was not build to tow more than 8,000 LBS (even though it has a "tow package") due the 3.21 gears that are installed in the truck instead of the 3.95 gears that should have been in the tow package. I contacted Ram customer care, they sent me to the dealer only to get two insane options (swap out the gears for a full retail price of $6,000 or trade the truck at a $18,000 loss). I've had the truck for less than 6 months with less than 10,000 miles. I went back to Ram customer care only to get "I'm sorry there's nothing we can do". The dealer took advantage of me, a single widow of a disabled veteran that is on a fixed income to sell a truck that was ordered/built in a way that made it unsalable. Nobody without plans of towing would buy a truck with those ridiculous mirrors and nobody that had plans of towing would buy a truck with the non-towing gear ratios. An unscrupulous RAM dealer took advantage of me and my only hope was with RAM corporate only for them to tell me to take a hike. RAM needs to step up and take care of this situation, swap out the gears or exchange the truck. Please forward this to the powers that be so this can be handled in a proper way.

12345...7