Used 2019 Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews

Used 1500 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...22

Pros
Cons

DAMN

Howard B., 07/22/2019
Big Horn/Lone Star 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

I bought my 2019 Big Horn with 10 miles on it in May, and I now have around 6,100 miles on it. It has been youto the dealership 3 times and is still in for repairs as I write this. The problems have me looking at the LEMON LAW. Problem (1) ac blows then turns warm and when you take it off auto there's a humming noise. (2) The worst of the problems is the TRANSMISSION jerking when you come to a stop sign it's like someone has hit you in the rear, also I had to give it a lil gas when I miss judged on coming traffic jerking made it self noticed the rear end felt like it came out from under the truck very scary. The 5 to 10 MPH range you get this grinding jerking feeling in the brake pedal, also at speed especially in 8th gear I've had all the recalls updated and the problems persist. I was told that the brake pedal was the problem with the jerking that's not the right answer. I really am disappointed with FCA for not addressing the problems and being up front that there are issues with the 1500's especially the TRANSMISSION. Now I did look at other trucks but the RAM beat them out for comfort ride and interior and exterior. I have an 1500 Big Horn 5.7 2 wheel drive Black sport its back at the dealership for the fourth time for the exact same problem this is the last time for me had anybody else had anything similar happening to their ram.

Likin It!

Ralph, 01/07/2019
Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

My first Dodge pick-up and likin it so far. I purchased the bright white 2019 Ram 1500 Lonestar Classic 4x4 short-bed with the 5.7 Hemi. The interior is canyon brown/beige, great looking and very functional. The 8.4 Uconnect radio system (without navigation) sounds great and works well although I will say I previously had the same radio on a Chrysler 300 with Navi and I liked that better. This radio does have Android Auto and Apple Car Play so you can connect to navigation through it but your phone has to be tethered via the usb. On the plus side you can connect to Waze or Google maps and both work great. The 5.7 Hemi 4x4 has a listed highway mpg of 21 but the best I could get was 19.5 without the AC running and keeping the speedometer at 65 miles per hour so I don't know how they came up with the 21 mpg. City driving for me is at about 16 mpg. Acceleration is great with no noticeable lag when the AC kicks on and it never seems to struggle to find the right gear except for a slight lag when shifting from reverse to drive or vice versa. I am impressed with how quiet the cabin is as very little road noise comes through even at highway speeds. There are very few and almost non noticeable squeaks or rattles over bumps and rough roads and overall I would say this truck is well made. The roomy interior is the best feature in my opinion. The back seat space on my 5.7 short-bed is simply enormous and extremely comfortable especially on long trips. I also love the remote start feature in that the truck stays on. On my previous Toyota the engine would turn off as soon as you unlocked the vehicle. Speaking of the latter, in comparison, you get more from the Dodge Ram as far as features and a nicer interior plus you can add things like 4x4 and still be under the price of a similarly equipped Tundra. Will the Ram have the same reliability and low-cost maintenance over the span of several years is yet to be determined. My old Tundra never gave me any problems and even after 75k miles it was still driving as well as the day I got it. After my first year or so I'll post an update. Hoping for the best.

Lots of room for improvement

Arthur , 09/09/2019
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

The limited in my mind is very over priced. Yes it has lots of new tech but for it to be worth it's price point that tech must work. The Air conditioner in the 2019 is a joke it can be 95 outside and it will take 45 minutes to even get comfortable not cool just comfortable. And do not ask me about uconnect it is as much of a joke as the customer service that supports it. Do not put this on the dealership though it has been my experience that Ram cares a lot less than the dealership the dealership has worked to make things work right but now of that will work if Ram does not show signs of even caring.

Defect Terrible Experience Brand New Ram 1500 LAR

AngryNJcust, 07/05/2019
Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Check with your dealer on what the lemon law is for your state before buying this vehicle. Actually the model is the Laramie 4x4 and is the 5.7 HEMI version with adv safety group. The manufacturer is not trustworthy and will bide it's time before ever evening considering the vehicle is defective. Poor marks to RAM corporate and my local dealership in NJ.

Ram could have done much better

LaRod55, 07/23/2019
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.3 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I am very disappointed with this vehicle. This is supposed to be a high tech luxury truck. My truck listed for $67,505. You want to adjust the steering wheel location? Release the locking mechanism, move to the location you want and then lock it back just like in a Tradesman. Auto dimming mirrors? The rear view mirror in the vehicle is all you get for that kind of money. The outside mirrors don't dim. Automatic climate control is a joke, very poor response to change in settings. 60 degrees outside....I set it to 73 degrees.....it responds by turning on the A/C. Sometimes the ride height adjustment doesn't work and forget about the vehicle automatically lowering to the enter/exit position when you put it in park (like my Grand Cherokee Summit does). It isn't quiet and the ride isn't great. The eTorque feature doesn't seem to be making a big difference my fuel economy. The automatic running board deployment is a nice feature. The interior is very nice. 12 inch display has its advantages. If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't buy this model.

Crazy Awesome Truck

Tory Hornsby, 09/20/2018
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I've owned a 2009, 2014, and now the 2019. It is an amazing truck. The big iPad-style touch screen is easy to use and impressive. Everyone who gets in my truck is blown away. The back seat has an incredible amount of leg room. The safety is amazing - 360 view camera for parking, automatically keeps you in the lane (I think it's called lane sense), brakes for you if necessary, adaptive cruise control, even parallel parks itself and more... Couldn't be happier.

Loving my first RAM

ToddR, 09/24/2018
Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I have owned a bunch of GMC & Chevy Trucks bought new over the past 23 years. I waited for the "new" GMC sierra intending to get a SLT. What a complete disappointment, the interior looks the same if not worse than my 2015 was. The exterior looks awful gaudy to me whereas the RAM has a classy look. Once I took a closer look and test drove the RAM, I was incredibly impressed! It's a beautiful truck, drives great / fantastic drive train, and the interior is exceptional. And - $6,000 LESS than a comparable Sierra. Check out the RAM it's an incredible value!

Popping Noise

Rob, 12/15/2018
Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

My all new 2019 Ram Laramie is my 1st truck that I’ve been wanting for the past 5 yrs. It’s a beautiful truck and get compliments often. I’ve had a couple of issues with it and and almost all were resolved except 1. I’ve got a popping noise that comes from under the truck after I get above 25mph. I’ve been to the dealership 5 times. The last visit they said to ride with the tow engaged. Well that’s a totally different drive and you don’t get the full hemi roar, that roar was a heavy selling point. Also I should be able to drive the truck the way it was intended, without having to do something to take away something else. Not only that, this is a brand new truck. Overall I like the truck. If being honest I was in love with it for the 1st month. With having to be at the dealership so much I’m losing the love. I just want to drive my truck and enjoy the ride.

Underwhelmed eTorque

Brian McGlinch, 01/15/2019
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I have driven 9500 miles in 3 months! The truck is an exceptional vehicle. However, my gas mileage is only 16.9 mpg on highway driving at 70 mph. If I slow to 60 mph, I’m over 20 mpg. Safety and technology are second to none. Very satisfied but eTorque not worth the additional cost.

Longhorn 5.7 goes to AA!

Iowa Ram, 03/24/2019
Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

PURCHASED a used low miles 2019 Longhorn. Traded in a 2013 Longhorn w 265,000 miles. The new one has a drinking issue, can't get more than 16.5 mpg on hwy. I drive alot of long drives, and my 2013 ram, same 5.7, 3.21, 8 speed trans, ALWAYS got 18 to 20 mpg, unless the wind was strong. I've talked to my dealer, they dont have answers, and how I found this site. I put on 50k miles yr, and couldn't say enough great things on my 2013. I love the upgrades of the 2019, ride, interior, and exterior appeal, but very shocked the exact same engine, tranny and axle its sucking at least 4 mpg more. This truck does set higher, having the off road pkg. 16.5 mpg is over 600 to 1250 miles, and includes 2 lane hwy, which should push the mpg up, at least the old did. If AA can't heal this Hemi, A GMC will. THIS TRUCK avg around 15.5, short drives 14. I'm tracking the gallons, not using the trucks estimates, which hit a high of 17.2, but not accurate. My old Ram was consistent and very, very reliable for 265,000 miles. Fiat has tweaked it, based on so many comments of the THIRST of the 2019 5.7 hemi. Americans like better options, not the old bait and switch, FCA.

12345...22