Used 2019 Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews

Used 1500 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...22

Pros
Cons

Still disappointed

Rob.b, 05/10/2019
Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Make sure this truck is checked for roof leaks very bad with those truck has been in the shop twice for this

Seems like a great truck ..........BUT!!

Randall Loker, 08/16/2018
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I love driving this truck ....BUT....i can't drive it in the rain because it leaks !!! Carpets are soaked with water coming in uderneath somewhere. I have had the truck 2 weeks and still have not had the dealer look at it ......still have to wait 4 more days before they can LOOK AT IT!!! NOT GREAT SERVICE! Now I have lost all volume from the Uconnect system.....no music....no Bluetooth phone.....NOTHING....and no it is not the MUTE button!! I am glad I have not sold my old Duramax yet.....I have had more problems with this RAM in 2 weeks than I had with the Duramax in 10 years!!……………..one more strike and this RAM is OUTTA HERE!! it will be my first and LAST FCA vehicle

Updating my review of RAM...in a positive way!

Jake, 11/20/2018
Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Below is my original review as I had an issue with oil leaking from the rear main seal on day 4 of ownership. As you can imagine, I was very upset with this happening on a brand new vehicle! I wanted to update my review because I was impressed the way FCA and the dealer I purchased it from stepped up and took of the issue. FCA has checked in with me a couple of times just to see how everything is going with the truck too. It is nice to know they actually cared for 1 customer and I wasn't just one of 600,000+ trucks they sold that year. I'm am also very happy with the RAM! It is the nicest interior and riding truck I've ever drove! It tows very nicely and has a ton of power! The transmission is very smooth and seems to shift timely at all times. The mileage is good for a 5.7 HEMI! My overall is around 20 mpg and that includes a decent amount of city driving. I’m at 36,000 miles now and since my initial issue, I haven't had any additional problems. I'm enjoying the truck a lot and hope it remains reliable for many miles to come! BTW, I have the Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4wd 5.6 bed with the 5.7 HEMI. The correct option is not available from the drop down menu. ORIGINAL REVIEW: I was a very happy Toyota Tundra owner for 9.5 years and 141,000 miles! I loved that truck every day I owned it! I decided to check out the new 2019 Ram for all its new "features". I had to say I was impressed and ended up purchasing a new 2019 Ram Laramie after I worked in a Lifetime warranty as I Fiat Chrysler's quality has always been suspect. Well, low and behold I did indeed confirm FCA's quality and workmanship lives up to their poor quality reputation; on day 4 of owning the Ram and a total of 220 miles on it, the Ram was leaking oil from the rear main seal enough to create a puddle on the garage floor! Of course, FCA is not helpful but rather wants me to begin the eternity process of Arbitration. I want to get my experience out to as many people as possible, so they do not make the same mistake I did. I wish I could go back in time and get another Tundra.

A leaky piece of junk

Michael, 09/14/2018
Tradesman 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've owned the truck a week and with the first rain the drivers carpet is soaked. Took it to the dealer and they resealed the window, replaced the door weather stripping and it still leaks. Next there going to take a look behind the fire wall. This is the first Ram I've owned and the last. It's a 2019 RAM 1500 Tradesman with the 5.7L. There is no way to select that in the drop down menu since that trim is not there.

Disappointed in my 2019 ram 1500 Laramie

Ram Owner, 10/02/2018
Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

First time reviewer here. Positives- Beautiful truck with a high class feel and comfortable ride. A lot of features for a decent price. Negatives- had mine for less than a month and have less than a thousand miles on it and I have already experienced the steering sticking when slightly turning left or right at any speed. When braking it makes a sound like the brake pads are worn, but it must be the rotors because it is brand new. The light on the back of the truck for the bed stayed on even though the truck had been turned off and locked for 20 minutes. GPS only works through the app. If you turn off the truck without putting it in park it will automatically put it in park for you which is great, but you have to turn the truck back then off to turn all of the electronics off. When taking a left turn today I heard a slight pop in the front of the truck. The transmission is not as smooth as you would expect, it has "clunked" into gear several times. I do believe I have my first lemon out of the 9 cars/trucks I have owned. I should have waited, and I recommend you do too.

Wow what a difference this new Ram is !!!

MJ, 10/25/2018
Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

My lease was up on my 2016 Ram Sport Crew Cab. I looked at SUV's as well as pickups but once your in a truck its hard to downgrade to anything else. Once I test drove a Ram I immediately knew it was the truck for me. I like the redesign. It looks much classier then then previous gen. The LED headlights and fogs are an awesome upgrade. The new tail gate that is aluminum and hydraulic and goes down nice and easy by itself is awesome and very lightweight. I cannot believe how nice and comfortable the interior is even without leather. I opted for the safety package with the front and rear sensors and blind spot monitoring which is all very helpful especially since my wife loves to drive the truck as well. I do not like on the rear parking assist if you get to close to something how the brakes will jerk on all by themselves but its easy to turn off. I also would have thought that when something is in your blind spot if you turn on your turn signal or try to change lanes that it would warn you and it does not unless its something I need to turn on. As of this post I've only had the truck two weeks and put 500 miles on it. The ride is so much smoother then the last gen. If your need in a truck is to feel like your driving a big truck , go get a chevy this is not the truck for you. If you want to feel like your in a mercedes car then this is the truck for you. Very impressive from head to toe. The room in the crew cab is the biggest in class and phenomenal for kids. My son loves playing in the back. My father in law bought a new GMC Denali 2500 pickup truck and he prefers my Ram. I highly recommend this truck for anyone in the market for a classy pickup they are using as a daily driver and will still get the job done for towing a motorcyle trailer as myself or filling the bed with mulch in the spring for redoing your lawn. I got the blacked out version with the new style black wheels and man its a looker. I get more compliments in this then I did when I had the scat pack charger!!! PS... also like that Ram finally went to 6 lug wheels instead of the 5. Much better

2019 unloved

Whiz, 03/02/2019
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Vehicle having new model and electronic systems is causing a lot of issues. Have 5500 miles and had first oil change. Seems to be running fine since battery replaced. Love comfort and ride as well as design. I hope that I have no issues going forward.

Active Noise Control

Rich, 03/22/2019
Big Horn/Lone Star 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have had my new 2019 1500 Big Horn for 3 weeks. Love so many thing about the truck. The only two issues I have are the sesitivity on the rear parking sensor that I shut off and the terrible issue with the Active Noise Control. The interior microphones are sending a low frequency hum through the speakers. It’s not drivable at this point because the sound is just so irritating. The only way I can drive it is with the windows open because that shuts off the ANC. Hopefully the dealership has answers for me tomorrow!!! But I don’t think they will.

lemon don't buy

alan Dupont, 08/11/2019
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.3 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

the steering wheel locks when you turn left , please google it in RAM forum ,Fiat/RAM refuse to knowledge it , may be they waiting for few accidents/ death before issue a recall. ( like the Boeing 737 max).

THE WORST TRUCK I HAVE EVER BOUGHT! DO NOT BUY!

2019 RAM REBEL 5.7L CREW CAB, 10/24/2019
Rebel 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Nothing but problem after problem with this truck but mainly A LOT of electrical issues. First the ac didn't blow cold, more like luke warm air. The dealership had to keep the truck for five weeks and still couldn't figure it out. There was a loud struggling noise underneath when putting in drive, got louder and louder over time. Constant ticking noise in center under cab, dealership could never figure out what it was. Tailgate said open when it was tightly shut, several, several times. Navigation did not work numerous amounts of times, screen goes out or blinks constantly everywhere I go and freezes up a lot. Bought this truck at Keller Bros dodge, Lititz and they are a really bad dealership, they act as if these problems are my fault, and do not want to be bothered after they make a deal.

12345...22