Used 2019 Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used 1500 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Love my truck!

Matt D, 03/16/2021
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

It provides us with complete comfort, amenities, and capabilities!

Rear of windows leaks when new

TK, 04/06/2021
Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Our company purchases new rams for staff and I check with at least 31 members who have the 2019 model and found out more than half of them have stained headliners where the rear window is, and that count is just in our Florida branches. I went to our local dealership after about 13 months and was told, so sorry out of warranty because of mileage. Highly recommend to never buy or take a ram. Now our lease company is offering another make along with ram. No more rams for many of us. RAMS poor service, I have sent many messages online to Chrysler with no replies and the dealership still maintains their stance. They lost out on additional service when we choose another make. Word of mouth will hopefully hurt them to a bit.

love hate relationship

shawn, 04/16/2021
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

when i purchased the truck i asked the dealer if it could tow 10k lbs. he said yes. when i went to buy an RV they told me it could only tow 8000 lbs. Apparently I bought the only 5.7L that has a smaller transmission. so needless to say was very upset. However the truck itself is awesome. I have owned all the other brand trucks and this is far my favorite.

2019 limited short bed 4by4

Whiz , 04/25/2021
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Hi tech items bring more problems. Battery issues and computer issues can drive you crazy. Ride , looks, quietness outstanding

Back window leak

David, 04/28/2021
Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

The back window frame will crack and that will allow water to leak in. Chrysler will not own it and recall it, dealerships dont want to replace it. It will take forever to get your truck fixed and back on the road. Avoid it, get a chevy, my silverado never leaked, strong truck. 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L V8 Crew Cab

2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 nothing but problems

David J, 05/04/2021
Big Horn/Lone Star 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

I was a first time Ram buyer in 12/2018. I bought a new 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi for around 49k. I'm the type of buyer who keeps my vehicles for 10 to 15 years, so I bought the extended warranty. On the 3rd day of ownership the issues started. I had a check engine light which ended up taking three separate visits to the dealership in 2 weeks before they fully replaced the fuel sensors around the fuel tank. My new truck was in the shop for 5 days within 3 weeks of ownership. The next issue was an annoying drone sound while driving. Yet again, I took it to the dealer with this time no fix. So I did some research and discovered a firmware update for the noise cancelling would fix it, so I had the dealership flash it. Issue solved. Around 4 months of ownership, the 8 inch radio console would flash in and out. I also noticed the center control cluster would flash. This was in April of 2020, so the truck was less than 6 months old. I was back at the dealership. While wiping the engine down(I keep all my vehicles clean), I noticed an oil leak coming from the passenger side front spark plug. I discovered this in June 2019, so back to the dealership the get the spark plug seals replaced, yet again another 2 days no truck. In the summer of 2019, my center control cluster would randomly stop working. At this point my Ram only around 8k miles on it. So back to the dealership. Fast forward to November 2019, I noticed a weird grinding when I made mild to sharp turns while on my way to work. In Feb 2020, the plastic guard holding the 4x4 cables broke, so I zip tied it to fix it. Lucky no hoses were damaged. During 2020 the radio would blackout and on 12/21/2020 while cleaning the truck, I noticed the rear window was cracked around the rear sliding windows. The headliner had water damage because of this. I took it to the dealership to fix and by Ram policy they only replaced the glass and tried to clean the headliner. This made the headliner worse. So after going back and forth between the dealership and Ram, they agreed to replace the headliner. During this time the center cluster died. In order to get the headliner done, Ram needed proof of mileage which I could not give because the center cluster was dead. So they had to order the center cluster. This was not early Feb 2021. They replaced the cluster and after yet again another call to Ram they scheduled a headliner replacement. On March 26,2021 while waiting on the headliner replacement, the center cluster started flashing on and off again. While waiting to go into work on a cold morning, I heard a weird flushing sound coming from the passenger side dash which sounded like water. On top of this my radio cluster was still randomly going black, That was it for me, I sold the truck and bought a 2021 F250. I will never buy another Ram based on my experience. This was the worse new vehicle I've ever owned. Yes, it rides great, roomer, and lots of modern gadgets but what good is that if the electrical system is buggy and several quality issues? When I sold my 2019 Ram 1500 it only had a little over 23k miles, so imagine the issues I could of had if I drove a lot.

51050