Skip to main content

Used G6 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...75

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Excellent purchase

cbc1327, 03/11/2013
2006 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2006 Pontiac G6 with less than 400 miles in March, 2006. This car has been my daily driver for the last 7 years. I have put over 197,000 miles on this vehicle. Of course, I have had regular routine work such as brakes and rotors. Have had a wheel bearing replaced. Very pleased with this car. Just wish it was bigger now that I have children.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Great car

trav8600, 03/17/2011
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 06 g6 gtp sedan 3 yrs ago with 49,000 miles. I now have 80,000 miles. My breaks needed changed after awhile and I put the best ceramic pads on and cheaper rotors. Had loud squeky brakes til I put acid wheel cleaner on the rotors to get the glaze off. Wheel bearing hub assembly went out around 60k on front passenger was $120 to fix myself wasnt hard. Thats the only thing thats gone wrong. Get your transmission fluid and filter change at 50k and every 30k after. Its only $80. Changed spark plugs today cost $44.88 dealer reccomends changing at 100,000 miles but mine were definitly due at 75,000. Use the oem ac delco plugs "iridium". Replace all parts with acdelco or you will have prob

3.88 out of 5 stars

Love at first sight, but after...

James Tucker, 11/28/2006
2006 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The wife and I bought two G6s within weeks of each other. Her's is the sedan, mine is the coupe. I fell in love with the car once I saw it and was able to drive it around. Now that the newness has worn off I started to notice some rather significant problems with the vehicle. Water leaks into the “B” pillars (where the seat belts are mounted) whenever it rains. Took a closer look and found MOLD in the insulation. Upon closer inspection, found that there are holes where at the front of the rear windows at the top and bottom that lead behind the B pillar. If you own one of these, check your windows too because unless you get a hard rain, you most likely will not notice the leak. Not happy.

5 out of 5 stars

Great Car

Michael , 08/29/2006
2006 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I recently went out and bought a red Pontiac G6 for my wife. She loves everything about the car. It is smooth quiet and easy to drive and it looks great. I have a co-worker who had just bought a new V6 Honda Accord and then saw my wife’s G6 say “I wish I had one of those.” My wife’s G6 has the 3.5 V6 it has a good amount of power and gets great gas mileage. The interior is very roomy. All of the audio and climate controls are big and easy to use. My wife loves the interior’s look and feel but it does use some cheaper materials than it competitors. I would have say that people shopping in this segment should take a serious look at the G6. It is a great car especially for the money.

3.5 out of 5 stars

Main problem: Passenger side head light

nt1078, 10/20/2012
2006 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my 2006 G6 sedan for two years. Drove my long commute to and from work each day reliably and comfortably. Main problem with these cars is the passenger side headlight. GM used a sub quality harness which plugs the headlight assembly into the main harness. It overheats and melts (if yours hasn't yet, it will) Best thing to do is bypass the plug wiring in your own spade connectors. Headlight ground went on it too, had to wire my own. Wish there was a recall on this. Sometimes I get a check engine light which is accompanied by hard shifts. It clears up on its own. Drivers door seal leaks water. Other than that, just brakes and normal ware items. Overall car is very reliable.

12345...75