Used 2016 Nissan Titan XD Consumer Reviews

Used Titan XD for Sale
Select your model:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

Platinum owner

Platinum owner, 10/19/2016
Platinum Reserve 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

This truck has its own niche. It's creature comforts are abundant and well thought out. I love the cummins diesel. Remarkably easy to drive around town despite its size. After using the blind spot detection, around view monitor, and front and rear sonars, I don't think I could drive a truck like this in the city without them. I constantly use the bed tracks, and side boxes. The truck seems expensive, but I thing you get a lot in the bargain when you tally up the features..

Titan XD tows like a beast.

JBasser, 12/02/2016
SL 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I am A retired Quality Engineer and have owned a 2011 Ram (Cummins) Mega Cab Laramie and a Silverado (Duramax) LTZ and the Titan XD. The Titan XD is hands down has a better ride quality, Handles better, and actually tows by 32 foot Keystone easily. The Cummins diesel is no joke. On the Highway this thing moves with fuel mileage for the first 2200 miles at 18 Hwy and 15 City. The interior comfort on the SL is comparable to the LTZ. Driving this truck is easy and you do not have to fight the wheel like the chevy and ram. The factory goose neck setup is great, The Electrical connector in the bed can run an electric impact wrench, The wheel to wheel lit running boards allow easy entry for me and the wife who complained about the Chevy and Ram. The two issues that can be improved are the Fuel tank size and adding Passenger Lumbar control. I can add a auxiliary tank and a tuner later on. The dealership has been great with a couple of small issues. Overall this truck is exactly what I needed. WIth the Ram Recalls and the Chevrolet vibration issues Titan XD is an excellent option. I did drive a Tundra Platinum and liked the truck but the leather seats were just a tad bit (Not Much) softer than the seats Fred Flintstone had in his car.

A Great Bang for Your Buck

Anthony Todd Quire, 09/18/2017
PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

This is a great buy if your looking for an all around truck for work and leisure. Gives you the feel of a 3/4 ton yet handles like a 1/2 ton. Very spacious and comfortable. Not great on gas, but it is a big truck built for hauling.

A not so great...great truck.

Paul, 01/02/2018
SL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

This is a great truck, but Nissan did not make a good effort to ensure that all the technology is functioning 100% with the 2016 models. I am having trouble from cruise control, DEF system, Radio, front suspension, front passenger seat, transmission slip and hard shift to remote start. Maybe, just maybe Nissan will come to the party.

Bad transmission; Titan in the shop for 4 weeks

MS, 07/16/2018
SV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

My Titan has a terrible, maybe defective transmission, something reported by thousands of owners on Titantalk.com. At 18 months and with only 20,000 miles the truck is down, locked up on the dealership lot, waiting for parts that are backordered and never seem to arrive. They say the engine light code shows a bad control valve assembly and transmission control module. But the truck has been hesitating and lurching and fluttering on acceleration since it had a thousand miles on it, and the dealership said they were aware of the problem but didn't know how to fix it. Now the truck has broken down on the side of the road, we limped it into the local dealership, and Nissan North America still doesn't know when parts can be delivered to the dealership. Its a nightmare. I'm in a crappy rental even though I have a bumper to bumper warranty for 100,000 miles or 5 years. But basically I don't have a truck anymore. Buyer beware. I'll never buy another Nissan truck.*UPDATE 1/16/2019 I have had two tires go bad on me before I hit 25,000 miles. I moved the unrepairable one to the spare slot. And the other I have to fill up with air every single week now. It drops from 36lbs to 29lbs every single week. My Ford F-150 tires went without problems all the way to 45,000 miles. And I also am having issues with the seat belts up front. They don't retract well, and they're awfully hard to latch, requiring two hands to pull it over and help push it in. I really don't like the seat belts.

12345...10