Used 2016 Nissan Titan XD Consumer Reviews

Used Titan XD for Sale
Select your model:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

Diesel over Gasoline

Orange Crush, 08/18/2017
Platinum Reserve 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

We had a 2012 Titan gas crew cab, and enjoyed it. However, towing our Toy Hauler was a lot of work for it. The Cummins 5.0 turbo diesel is strong. First time I towed with it, I used the cruise control, and just drove. That was great. Plenty of power for this 5/8 ton truck. But, since we also use it for shorter trips, it has had to do "re-gen" on the particulate filter more than I like. So, fuel economy is poor. UPDATE: Truck has had very few issues. Warranty covered a power window switch on the right rear, and the tailgate power lock. Also, a power-steering hose. Other than that, routine maintenance is all it's needed. Fuel mileage has been hovering around 17 combined, when not towing. She still tows effortlessly. well, mountain roads with 10K lbs. behind her does require much more throttle, but she'll actually accelerate on those steep grades if I want her too. However, the lack of exhaust braking effect is not so good. No aftermarket Jake Brake that I am aware of. So...better make sure the trailer brakes are dialed in and working well. BUT, since Nissan didn't continue the Cummins package, and hasn't produced a 3/4 ton...when she has ran out of warranty, we'll look at the U.S. makers once again. Sad, as it's been a joy to drive.

Titan XD Pro 4X Diesel - Cant beat the Cummins !!

Anks, 09/16/2016
PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

This is my first truck and I am loving it so far. I have been researching about this truck since a year until I finally got it a month ago. I test drove the big 3's and let me admit that none of them has a riding comfort and technological advance features like this one has. The round view monitor is the best add on and the towing capacity is way better than a 1/2 ton. The V8 Cummins in this truck is the only V8 that cummins make and it is powerful and quite. This truck has a 6.5 foot bed and a 120 v outlet in the bed and that is a great add for campers or people loving off road adventures. Watch for the new Nissan offers on MSRP for 2016 models. Some people may want to stick to the big 3 saying thats what is American!! But this is truly American with Cummins in it !!! All I can say that this is the best workhorse out there and can't ask anything more than 2 reliable names... Cummins and Nissan !!!

Nissan Titan XD PRO 4X Vibration

Patrick, 07/21/2017
PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

I purchased a 2017 Nissan Titan XD PRO 4X in January 2017 and it has been a huge let down.Nissan lost one of their #1 fans. The day I drove the truck home I felt a vibration coming from what appeared to be the rear of the truck and the steering was also pulling hard to the right. I assumed these would be simple repairs. After a month in the shop the dealers did 3 front end alignments that did not change anything . Each time supposedly using new specs .They addressed the vibration by installing new tires on a new truck with 2k miles.The dealer then rotated and balanced the tires several times which did not do anything to correct the vibration. The service supervisor at the second dealer I took it to agreed after all their work the issues have not been corrected . The dealer allowed me to drive another new titan XD PRO 4x and it did the exact same thing my truck did. The dealer suggested I contact Nissan consumer affairs. After reading about how unhelpful Nissan consumer affairs has been I decided to get rid of the truck while I still could. I did allot of research before I purchased this truck and chose the XD because I currently own the first generation titan and a Nissan Armada that I have been happy with. Whats truly disappointing is Nissan has to Know about these issues but has chosen not to address them. I did not want to get stuck with a lemon so I decided to trade in the Titan with 6K miles on it for a F250 .This Titan has serious issues and the dealers have no knowledge on how to correct them. (So far I have been extremely happy with the F250)

I saw a lemon (lemon law that is)

William Hovis, 01/07/2018
SV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I have had Nissan trucks back when the first ones were the D-50 pick up truck from the 90's. I've had quite a few of them for my business and they held up very well. The all new designed Titan XD diesel first came out in 2016 and I just had to have it. Looked great. Unfortunately mine was a lemon. I took the gamble being the first year they came out and lost. In the shop for air conditioning going out 6 times, transmission really jerky shifting, acceleration was almost non existent from a complete stop (serious safety issue in my opinion), and diesel smell in the cabin almost every time it "regenerates". The diesel smell happened about every 2-3 days for about 5 minutes each time. When it did happen it was almost gagging. Have to have the windows down till it cleared out. I've had the truck for 1 1/2 years and decided that was long enough and plenty of time for Nissan to try to fix the problems. With that many problems it was a candidate for the lemon law. With the help of an attorney, Nissan bought back the truck (1/5/2018) and paid me back every penny the truck cost, minus taxes, tag, etc. I have to give credit to Nissan for the buy back without any hassles at all and I feel they were more than generous to complete the transaction. I did speak to the general manager at my local dealer and he said the newer 2017 model diesels have not changed and were possibly going to have problems like I had. I didn't give up on Nissan and purchased a 2017 (new) regular Titan Platinum Reserve edition, GAS engine. I've only had a couple hundred miles but this truck drives like a Cadillac! Extremely smooth riding. Nissan has there work cut out on the Titan XD Diesel trucks still. I've even checked online in the Titan forums and there are hundreds there alone with mostly the diesel smell in the cabin and about half with transmission issues. It's also a very stiff ride (like a tank) compared to the Titan. The biggest problem is this was the first truck that I practically fell in love with, but with some relationships it was time to part ways and say good bye.

pro 4 leather packages

Patrick, 10/27/2016
PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

waiting is a gamble to get the truck you want want, but paid off this time the dealer only had 2 pro 4 diesels with leather left and red and a silver one. my wife liked the red and i didn't want the silver. i have own trucks in the past i desided at this point i didn't need a 3/4 ton and the ride that goes with it and a 1/2 was too light and i wanted a diesel for a change. i test drove the titan xd when i first saw one on the lot, the ride was what i was looking for it felt like a truck but had nice ride and was so quite in the cab my wife didn't even know it was a diesel. after driving a camaro ss for the past 6 years the performance was a sacrifice that i was ok with. next it was look to see what tires tire rack and found 20" rims didn't have much of a tire selection so that pushed me to the pro 4. then this october a salesman called from the dealer says they had some pretty sweet insentives, so stop in and price was awesome and they had a red and silver one left in stock. got the wife to ok and we spent our sunday purchasing the truck, before for we even got our keys the deals found some lot damage on the right rear passenger door and made arrangements to have it repaired. the first drive of my new truck was ruff due to the fact it had been sitting in a storage lot for 6 months, tires warmed up and became round again. the power was the first thing i notice, much better then my test drive months earlier. have to use a lighter foot to keep the tires spinning, purchased with just 25 miles we will see how the diesel is once broke in. the most comfortable truck i ever owned my 7 year old loves the heated back seats. haven't had a need to tow anything yet but expect no surprises. all in all it is what i was looking for in a truck just had to wait a number of years for someone to build it.

12345...10