2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250: Engine Break-In Procedure
December 03, 2013
According to the owner's manual, this is the recommended engine break-in procedure for our 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250. The condensed version:
- Vary engine speeds for the first 1,000 miles.
- Avoid driving at full throttle during this period.
- Change gears before throttle is two-thirds of the way to redline.
- Do not manually downshift to engine brake.
- If possible, do not depress the gas pedal enough to cause a downshift.
- Ideally, drive in "E" mode for the first 1,000 miles.
- Do not drive faster than 85 mph.
- Only allow the engine to reach 4,500 rpm briefly
Mike Schmidt, Vehicle Testing Manager @ 739 miles