Used 2008 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Still purrs like a kitten
By Patrix

2008 Mazda 6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Just treat her well

Very reliable, love this little car
By John

2008 Mazda 6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Very reliable, has been a great value for the past eight years runs good no engine problems just oil change tires and brakes .
Like a powered skateboard, fun to drive

Junkie Transmissions
By Helmick​​

2008 Mazda 6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I'm bothered by the fact that Mazda's have known transmission problems in their cars and they will not recall and fix them

2008 mazda 9 yrs later
By Chris L.

2008 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this 2008 mazda6 in 2016 from an elderly family member. When I bought it it only had 23,000 miles on it. In the last year I've added about 15,000 miles.. So far so good. I've done body work, (obviously no fault of mazda) , however the car did sit for a few years so it did need brakes and tires right away. Also because it sat I chose to change the Trans fluid. Since I've had it it has had 2 open recalls which were done and mazda was very quick and courteous. The car is a lot of fun to drive and technology is great for its time. Being I do own a newer subaru I feel the car is a bit outdated but again for its time I feel it is upto par. Also it should be noted that I do take the car from NJ to Boston frequently ( approx a 4 hr trip) and it is nothing but reliable and fun. My only 2 complaints are, I feel the steering could be a bit tighter and Im getting a creeking noise from the rear end when the car is coming from a cold start and is put in gear but goes away within minutes. In my opinion the car is a great value, the man I bought it from owned 3 stemming back to the old 626. I would definitely recommend the car.

Good Buy
By Travis

2008 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Most dealerships will be selling for above KBB value, but that seems pretty standard on these Mazdas. Worth the buy.