Used 2005 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews

Used 3 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...31

Pros
Cons

How fast am I driving?

Waldemar, 06/29/2005

The Mazda3 is fun to drive and gets good mileage. I bought it fully loaded with automatic, ABS, and side air bags. I like the car's handling, feel for the road, and the manual mode on the automatic transmission. On the other hand, a nearly fatal flaw is that the speedometer and other gauges are so far recessed into the instrument panel and unlit that they're extremely difficult and tiresome to read on sunny days within 3 hours of sunrise/set or driving in and out of shade. I have to stare at the instrument panel for a second or two to let my eyes adjust to the darkness before I know how fast I'm going. The gauges are fine on cloudy days and fantastic at night.

2005 3 S With Automatic Tranny

Sandy, 07/07/2005

Just got this car last Saturday, and it's pretty awesome. Took about 4 days to get the car in the color we wanted...Sunlight Silver. The 3 with the 2.3 L engine has plenty of power and it shifts so smoothly. The interior looks like it came from a more upscale car. The two tone seating fabric is pretty grippy and the leather steering wheel and shifter just add to the upscale feeling. This is our 1st Mazda and we are thrilled with the car since we've had it. Zoom Zoom!

Bang for the Buck - Knock on Wood

Master D, 08/16/2005

Okay fellas ... It would be a wise investment for the safety of all to purchase a set of winter rims and tires as most of us above the 49th parallel understand that there are different compounds and characteristics of rubber that suit different temperatures and environments. The M3 has great curb appeal, well laid out interior - with excellent visibility ( the rear head rests can be removed easily and replaced as needed), excellent fuel mileage when driven decently, excellent handling and acceleration for highway passing. Overall one of the best improvements by a manufacturer in the economy/4cyl class - hope it holds true to my experiences so far ... knock on wood!

Love our SP 2.3 Sedan

pats1, 08/17/2005

Bought this car 5 weeks ago and have 2500+ miles on it already - lots of highway driving. What a great car!! Love the carbon gray mica with the black leather (don't see any like it) and this one is loaded with most everything except NAV. Last tank was 29.2 MPG. Very fun to drive - handles like a dream. Acceleration was a pleasant surprise. Added another SP 2.3 badge to the trunk lid - makes it look that much better. Bose is awesome. The rain-sensing wipers work great. The car rides and handles much better than the Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic (yuk) we test drove.

BEST car in class

Sergio, 09/29/2005

Easily best car for the money (reliability to be seen). The car is very quick with excellent handling with 205/55R16 tires. I opted for the 2.0 for the mileage (28 MPG city driving on 1700 miles). Very nice and roomy interior. I will echo the complaints about the weak A/C, and the remote trunk opening, but they are not show stoppers. Seats are a little hard and the doors do not auto-lock when the car is started.

ZOOM-ZOOM

JUICE88, 06/07/2006

I've owned the car for ten months, so far a pleasant experience. Great value for the money. Definitely a set of snow tires in the winter solves any traction problems.This car is fun to drive.

Miata-class fun, Audi A4 practicality

Bryan in Central VA, 06/16/2005

Plenty of creature comforts (heated leather, Bose, Xenons, ABS, steering wheel controls)...looks like a little BMW 325. I wanted something japanses to replace my service issues on my last three Audis and two Passats. This car is smaller and less expensive but even more fun to drive. Strong engine (w/5- spd) loses steam at 65 mph+ 9great around town baut looses punch on highway. SP23 was ltd edition and I have not seen another in 3 months of ownership. I would not have considered its "peer economy" competitors. Buy it for style & handling - not price. SP23 thinks its all grown up. A relative bargain for a "euro" sedan. Combination of Jetta/A4 and Miata. Practical fun with reliability.

Mazda Sp 2.3

culinarykid, 09/21/2005

I love my Mazda3 SP 2.3. I have the navigation, Bose system, 18 inch rims and brown leather. I am telling you for the price of the car and the things you get, it's a awesome car. I can not tell you how many people roll the windows down on their car to tell me how sharp my car is. The color is great too. The color on the SP you can not get on any other Mazda car. That's what also makes it special. If I had to tell anyone who was looking into a new car I would totally tell them to look at the 3.

Park it in the Winter

mike volsch, 12/05/2005

I have enjoyed this car throughout the summer and fall months. Gas mileage is great, fit and finish are of good quality and it looks great. But I have found its downfall. Without a doubt this is the worst car I have ever driven in ice/snow. If a hill gets in your way you better better have up a good head of steam because if you don't you will be going backwards. A set of snow tires on it may help but without them this car goes to the garage until the sun shines and the grass is green.

Love it, love it, love it!

Bill, 03/08/2006

In 25 years of car owning, this is by far the most fun car I have ever owned. After nearly two years of ownership, I still cannot believe I paid well less than $20k for a car that drives like a sports car. Acceleration is great, it's comfortable and quiet on my daily 45-minute combined city and highway commute (on which I average 29 MPG). I would buy this car over again in a minute. Previous cars: Two Accords, a Golf, and Rabbit.

12345...31