Used 2005 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews

Used 3 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...31

Pros
Cons

Already Rusting???

Nae, 10/07/2009

I purchased my 2005 Mazda the winter of 2004 love everything about the car, the feel of the car on the road, the suspension is tight, it has great get up and go for 2.0 and great gas mileage. It could use better interior lighting i.e. the window controls need more lighting and the my cigarette lighter light went out already? In 2007 I noticed my 2005 mazda 3i was beginning to rust around rear wheel wells and the undercarriage. I have taken my car into numerous Mazda dealerships for rust problem and have been told due to environmental factors they will not fix the corrosion? I highly doubt I will purchase another due to exterior quality it sad everything else is great about this little car.

Been great so far!

nathanh2, 01/22/2011

I bought it used with 46,000. It now has 58,000 and I have had no problems with it what so ever. Gas mileage has been pretty good although the car is small and I would expect it to get better. But other than that it has been golden. No mechanical problems. Turns on a dime. Rides beautifully on the highway. Put good tires on it if you haven't already. I had the Eagle RS-A and as soon as I switched them out the car was much quieter and rode a lot smoother. A/C can be a little weak. But it seems to do fine if you turn it up another notch. All around a very good car. I am very happy with it and I don't expect that to change

Goodbye Focus, Hello Mazda

Jon, 12/09/2004

I recently traded in my 2000 Ford Focus for a custom ordered Mazda 3. The difference is night & day. The 3 handles beautifully & the power is great. No problems merging on the freeway here in Los Angeles. The interior design & quality is what you would expect from a car costing twice as much. I especially love the blue backlight for the instrument cluster. Overall, this car turns heads & gives a satisfying feeling even when parked. Highly recommed it!

Mazda3... My New Car !

KCOM2006, 02/03/2005

I recently bought myself a new car and chose the Mazda3 as for under $20,000 you get a vehicle comparably priced to one around $30,000. It has all the bells and whistles, but is lacking in torque. Yes this car accelerates, but it doesn't grab you an make you fell like it is accelerating. But the bonus is excellent gas mileage!

Best small car out there

Vk, 02/26/2005

Forget boring Civics and Corollas. This car is stylish and handles beautifully. Platform is based on the new, yet to be released Ford Focus platform and is also used in the new Volvo S40. Very lively in the handling department and the interior is a refreshing change from the mundane plastic seen in other cars of the same class. Who says small family cars can't be stylish.

Mazda 3: $21,000 worth of fun

StukaFox, 04/17/2005

Dropped $21,000 cash, not a BIT of regret: car is surprisingly peppy; suspension like a racecar; snaps to attention when right pedal is pressed. Expecting laggy and plastic, got a car out of a videogame. No bad habits on the road; does what it's told without complaint. Visibility like a F-16's cockpit. Interior is luxury-car roomy. Cargo space that would make some SUV's blush. Piled on leather, airbag package, and ABS, still only came to $21,000 out the door. Was never going to buy import, Mazda 3 totally changed my mind. Detroit, wake up: Japan is about to eat your lunch again!

Mazda3 fun

doc, 04/18/2005

This is a well designed car which strikes a fine balance betwen the competing demands of an economy car. The performance is well above that expected and is equivalent to a 2 litre Alfa Romeo with better economy and reliablity. It looks like a little BMW at a fraction of the price and runing cost. Economy is excellent 45mpg on highway at 60 - 75 mph. Only the sound proofing could be better. Handling, brakes and active safety are excellent. I would however like a six-speed to lower the revs at cruising speeds.

mazda3 by Katie

jeromy, 05/30/2005

A totally great little car. Mine is a stick shift and it's my first car. Easy and fun to drive. The only thing that was a little weak was the horn. It was like a circus clowns car. My Dad changed it for an Air Horn like a Ferrari.

Good

DB, 05/31/2005

With neither the proper (last-gen) Golf nor Focus available, there's not much competition so I'm happy with what I get! The 3 drives well although the handling can be described as 'great' only by comparison to something quite wobbly. The shift is tops but the steering isn't too precise. We couldn't get traction ctrl and/or ABS on our model. This is a top-spec (S) yet the power window has no one-touch up. Having just paid the toll you either hold the window-up button with a line of angry Boston drivers behind you or pull away into the Boston winter with the window open. Plus the buttons are placed too far ahead and aren't illuminated. Please, a few LEDs for 17K!

A Solid Decision (and lots of fun)

jpook730, 06/11/2005

Great Drive: Handling is superb; steering exquisitely communicative and well weighted,; engine (2.3) sounds great, revs easily, and goes like a Jack Russell Terrier after drinking a bottle of Jolt. Great Practicality: 5 door hatchback is flexible, roomy and comfortable; the cloth seats are grippy, supportive, and firm; gas milage is great (25/32 with the 2.3). Great Future: Highly rated reliability; fantastic projected resale value (best selling fleet car in Europe for this reason); safe; well-built and stylish. Conclusion: An economical, practical family hauler with the soul of a much more expensive european sports sedan (or is that Zoom-Zoom?).

12345...31