Used 2005 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used 3 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Great handling car

Dom, 05/12/2007

I have driven small sports cars or SUVs my whole life. This is the best blend of performance driving and utility that you can get, even if it is front wheel drive. The interior is fantastic and the electro-hydraulic steering is an undersold point in these cars. It's a very smooth driving car that livens up the instant you begin to push it. Awesome throttle response in 5th gear on the highway for a 4cyl. The seats are the quality that you find in much more expensive cars. Gripes: speed sensitive volume control on the stereo is useless, power windows/sunroof only work with ignition on, not accessory.

Great car

walt, 06/13/2007

This is a great car. It handles well and has a lot of features. It could do better on fuel economy in the city. Also more leg room in the backseat. Other than that, it is a fun car to drive.

I found THE car!!

I found THE car!!!, 07/26/2007

When I test drove this car I knew that I would like to own it, and that I would enjoy driving it. I didnt realize that I would love it. For me, everything about this car is great. I'm going to own this car for a long time (300k miles or more). Gas mileage could be better, but it is still decent. I get 26-27 around town. I think it would help if I would keep my foot out of it though. I added an iPod integration kit, and now the sound system is the bomb. Mine is not the 6 CD changer, but I dont use CDs anyway since I have the iPod kit now. I think the stock speakers are really good, but some audiophiles might want to upgrade. Buy the car, don't hesitate. Get the 5 speed!

Luxury and Performance

Luxury Feel, 08/15/2007

I've recently bought a used Mazda3s w/most of the options (leather, sunroof, abs w/side, spoiler, and 6 CD changer). For the price that I paid for it, I feel like driving a luxury vehicle. It handles great and has an appealing look. The leather feels so comfortable. I actually slept in my the car, learned it was more comfy than my previous cars. I average 26 city and 32 HW. I'm sure you can achieve similar results if you cruise as much as possible on highways and not stomp on the gas in city roads. The gas is not as good as the Civic, but everything else are lot better. I recommend test drive the 3 before considering other vehicles.

Awesome car!

Nickwad, 06/11/2007

This is one of the best cars I've ever owned. I've owned all of the Japanese brands; this one feels like a European sport sedan. Great handling, build quality and mileage. I average 28 mpg and would probably get 31 mpg if I could keep my foot off of the firewall! It's just fun to drive.

Great value

Great from A to B, 03/03/2008

This is the first car that I have owned and I bought it new in 2006. I loved this car for all seasons but winter. This car is horrible in the snow! The handling is great if the roads are not wet. The car is overly noisy going over puddles and water. I have no other complaints about this car besides driving it in snow/ice.

Awesome car

me, 05/23/2008

This is just a terrific car. Reliability has been very good except for shocks and battery been replaced at 24k (Puerto Rico roads are awful), otherwise excellent. Power is impressive for a 4 cyl engine, and ride comfort is acceptable despite having 17's on 50 series tires. Handling is awesome, it just sticks like glue. In the end, the best compact you can buy today

Great car

Brandon, 05/14/2017
i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Get better clutch

Zoomzoom

Marko, 02/26/2019
s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A great car. I have 220 000.00 miles and just had the transmission checked. AOL. I've always had Fords but love my Mazda 3 5door hatchback

51050