Used 2005 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews

Used 3 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...31

Pros
Cons

Great car

Lee, 02/09/2016
i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's been a pleasure owning this car, just wish it held its value better for trade in/ resale. Have moved on, now into a 2016 VW Passat. It was time.

best one !

hamada, 10/08/2004

very best compact car

Stay Away

AngryMazxa, 11/23/2009

Purchased a 1 year old hatch with 24,000 miles, with 50,000 now, I have had to replace the engine and transmission linkage. I had an Explorer with less problems and that is saying something. Buyer beware of this one.

Awesome!

Kristina, 06/10/2008

I have absolutely loved this car! It is fun to drive, pulls uturns on a dime and is so comfortable that 3 people for 15 hours in the car was no problem. I am so happy with this purchase!

Uber wagon with a few quirks

uber wagon, 06/15/2008

Great car. I love the hatch. I think that the sedan looks better but when you can put a fully assembled grill in the back it brings a smile to my face especially in an economy compact. Engine sound is buzzy, sound system is horrible and 4 speed transmission is is joke. At 80 MPH the engine revs at 3600 and this kills the fuel economy. I am used to a BMW 335i and Acura TL so my expectations are high.

Fun, Hot, Reliable, Good buy!

mazdaisgreat, 07/15/2008

I love this car to death. It's such a great buy for what what you get. It's stylish and fun to drive. I've never had one problem with it. The only complaints are that the trunk doesn't open with the remote. The AC/heater is a little weak too. But I live in San Diego so this is not really a big problem for me.

3 year 60000 mile test drive

mzdvr, 08/22/2008

Been driving this car for 3 yrs now and still think it's the best car under $25,000. I haven't had any mechanical problems. Had a brake job at 50,000 and new tires. I live in the city and get a combined 27 mpg. I have a gas gauge which commonly reports mpg in the middle to upper 30s on the highway. There is minimal wear on the car after 60k such as a small area of the stitching on the leather seat has come out, a few exterior issues due to things happening to it.

Great Car!

bfong, 09/03/2008

Adequate power for 2.3 liter, regular gas a plus. I get 25 mpg 60/40 city - on long trips I get 31 mpg hwy. Front seats are very good once all the adjustments are made. Stock Goodyears are worn out at 33k miles. I'll replace them with Yokohamas s-drive. Excellent steering feel. Mazda3 handles on rails. Get abs brakes, great feel but not the ultimate stopping power. Audio and cruise control on steering wheel. I added a louder horn for better sound. Slight vibration with 4A tranny at idle-still shifts good. Air conditioner kicks out sometimes-a quick flip of the fan speed switch turns it back on. Remote alarm ONLY beeps on lockup. It's quiet when you unlock it. nice.

Zoom Zoom, indeed!

Michigan_guy, 12/11/2008

I've owned an '89 Toyota Tercel, an '02 Chevy Prism and now the Mazda. Love. It. It's got a lot longer gear ratio than most 4-cylinder cars and at highway speeds can very capably accelerate past everyone else who's not having as much fun in their car. The interior has an excellent design, the exterior looks fluid and lean and all of the mechanics seem above average on dependability and ergonomics. I might never buy a different car.

After the 1st one I did it again!

oscart, 04/13/2009

After we picked up my wifes mazda 3 2007 grand t. I had to have one too. I loved my nissan z but for the price this car is a sleeper in the USA. the 3 lets you feel the road and it likes to be pushed.

12345...31